Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aston Villa

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
And Luiz for £15m

That's makes,

Wesley CF £22.5m
Trezeguet LW £9m
El Ghazi RW £8.1m
Jota RW £4.05m
Luiz CM £15m
Nakamba CM £11m
Mings CB £20.07m
Konsa CB £11.97m
Engels CB £7.2m
House CB £3.06m
Target LB £14.05m

TOTAL £126m

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Our wingers i feel won't be to bad under Potter. Will probably attack more with purpose. Midfield players like Stephens and Kayal really should have been moved on. Even Gross divides people but i like him despite being slower than Murray(well nearly) Hopefully Propper can player like he does for Holland.
I feel our midfielders is our weak point.

^^^ This ^^^

LVGull

May 13, 2016
What with Villa making their 10th summer signing (Douglas Luiz), taking their spend well over £100 million, I was going to start a thread asking this self same question...

.. but I won't now.

You beat me to it :smile:

How much have they paid for him?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Will Villa be announcing a squad of 35?

Reportedly now in talks with Juve to sign a £13m goalkeeper. That would put their summer spend at £139m.

If true, I cant see them splashing out another £20m on Maupay. But imagine they did and it all went wrong, it could cripple that club.

Big risks being taken.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Dean Smith says he only wants 2 more players now and he'll be happy, now spent 140m+ and with a striker and winger due this would push their spending to a mind blowing £170m.

Grealish been making noises in the press that they mean real business and they'll be looking to do better than what local rivals Wolverhampton last season, so looks like they're aiming for top 6.

I was warned by Villa supporting family acquaintances earlier in the summer that they would be spending big money as one of the biggest clubs in the country and would be hurtling past us this season.

:nono:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Dean Smith says he only wants 2 more players now and he'll be happy, now spent 140m+ and with a striker and winger due this would push their spending to a mind blowing £170m.

Grealish been making noises in the press that they mean real business and they'll be looking to do better than what local rivals Wolverhampton last season, so looks like they're aiming for top 6.

I was warned by Villa supporting family acquaintances earlier in the summer that they would be spending big money as one of the biggest clubs in the country and would be hurtling past us this season.

:nono:

I think they'll do ok, i dont think they'll be top 6 but neither do i see them struggling.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Putting together a new team and then smashing the PL would be more than a little impressive, don’t see it myself. Especially as their coach is a PL rookie too

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here