Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aston Villa

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If we’d spent like they have we’d be optimistic in fairness. It’s quite galling that after two season we are still acting and spending like the paupers of the league, hence so many of our fans being bitter about other clubs spending money to avoid being relegation fodder.

Villa have far bigger gap to breach in terms of quality than we did in 2017. That's the reason that they only finished 5th instead of acheiving automatic promotion with 3 games left to play.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
There does seem to be an element of quantity over quality in what they are doing.

Villa have far bigger gap to breach in terms of quality than we did in 2017. That's the reason that they only finished 5th instead of acheiving automatic promotion with 3 games left to play.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There does seem to be an element of quantity over quality in what they are doing.

I would take Grealish over any of our midfielders all day long. I would love us to sign Tammy Abraham. I said this when he was at Swansea

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
About to sign ANOTHER player, for in excess of £11 million apparently- Marvellous Nakambe from Club Brugge. Their scouts seem to be as keen on the Belgian league as ours.

It is a risky strategy they’re going for whatever their fans say. That is a heck of a lot of players coming in.

Ready-made chant...

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I would take Grealish over any of our midfielders all day long. I would love us to sign Tammy Abraham. I said this when he was at Swansea

Tammy is back at Chelsea, no chance they will let him leave whilst under embargo.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

You do realise Abraham is a Chelsea player and is not going back on loan to Villa?

Edit: Damn you Roastbeef. To make up for it I'll add that he's been given the Number 9 shirt, so is DEFFO not going anywhere.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You do realise Abraham is a Chelsea player and is not going back on loan to Villa?

Yes i know. We should have snapped him up the other year for 20 million.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

Edit: Damn you Roastbeef. To make up for it I'll add that he's been given the Number 9 shirt, so is DEFFO not going anywhere.

Don't worry, he'll be back out on loan in January when Chelski get themselves a proper manager. :thumbsup:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
All about opinions Big Sam says they’ve signed a load of duds and would of been better off with three quality players at £30m each, Grealish might get lost in the PL who knows we will see. Interesting to see who performs better Norwich or big spend Villa.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
About to sign ANOTHER player, for in excess of £11 million apparently- Marvellous Nakambe from Club Brugge. Their scouts seem to be as keen on the Belgian league as ours.

It is a risky strategy they’re going for whatever their fans say. That is a heck of a lot of players coming in.
NSC tells us all the time that players from Belgium ( and Holland ) are woeful.

But NSC also tells us that Villa will be world-beaters.

Logical error. Does not compute. Bang.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yes i know. We should have snapped him up the other year for 20 million.

He went to the team that paid him the biggest signing on fee out of us , Newcastle and Swansea.

Reported as £1m at the time

Not keen on him since

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Jack Grealish has played 34 Premier League appearances for Villa. During that time, he was a regular for Villa over 2 seasons, scored 1 goal, and they finished 17th and then 20th.

Now I'm not saying Grealish is a bad player, but how is that any better than Dale Stephens who was instrumental in back to back top 3 Championship finishes (something Grealish hasn't done in a very expensively assembled squad) before certain no-nothings on here wrote him off last season as unable to pass forwards?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Jack Grealish has played 34 Premier League appearances for Villa. During that time, he was a regular for Villa over 2 seasons, scored 1 goal, and they finished 17th and then 20th.

Now I'm not saying Grealish is a bad player, but how is that any better than Dale Stephens who was instrumental in back to back top 3 Championship finishes (something Grealish hasn't done in a very expensively assembled squad) before certain no-nothings on here wrote him off last season as unable to pass forwards?
Missing a key point. He was about 20 then. Has has matured well and is only 23

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Missing a key point. He was about 20 then. Has has matured well and is only 23
And the key point you're missing is that he is totally unproven in the Premier league if we are going to write off his 2 seasons there as a youngster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here