Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aston Villa

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Can see Villa being more of a Wolves than a Fulham. Can't see them going down...

Really? Other than Grealish who would you say from the Villa side would get into our first choice 11? I can’t see any others at all at the moment.

They’re really not that good and certainly not in Wolves class. In Neves, Moutinho and Patricio, Wolves genuinely had three of the best players in Europe in their side. Mings, Targett, Chester and Hourihane etc are certainly not.

Some people are getting far too carried away with Villa. The manager, who is excellent, and Grealish are their big hopes but apart from that I really think their fans are in for a bit of a shock and they’ll struggle.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
All that article is really saying is that they've HAD to spend a fortune because their promotion squad (which failed to finish top two) has been decimated.

The rest is just blinkered, hopeful stuff from a Villa fan. "They've spent £100m" is a pretty irrelevant statement and comparisons to Fulham last season seem fair enough.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The difference between Fulham and Villa is that Villa are better managed.

I also think the momentum of having won their last however many games will see them through the early part of the season. I'm sure then the harsh realities of playing in the Premier League will dawn on them, but if they are out of the drop zone in January, they'll be able to recruit well.

I reckon about 15th place

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All that article is really saying is that they've HAD to spend a fortune because their promotion squad (which failed to finish top two) has been decimated.

The rest is just blinkered, hopeful stuff from a Villa fan. "They've spent £100m" is a pretty irrelevant statement and comparisons to Fulham last season seem fair enough.

Absolutely. I find people's obsessions with the amounts being spent bizarre. Over 25% of that £100m has been spent on TYRONE ****ing MINGS.

If the same player costs £30m rather than £20m, you've been done. It's a bad thing to have to spend more, not a good thing.

I appreciate you have to speculate to accumulate etc, but I do think some people are far too focused on the £ signs.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Villa have spent a 100 million? We're DOOMED. No point in playing Watford, we might as well stay on holiday. We'll be RELEGATED before the first TURKEY is STUFFED.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
looks like Villa will hit the ground running

I don't think I put them in the bottom 6 poll either

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
looks like Villa will hit the ground running

I don't think I put them in the bottom 6 poll either

I didn't either though had it been a bottom 8 i would have, about 13th or 14th i'd imagine. Mind you i think i had Fulham around 10th and Wolves struggling so on that basis Villa are doomed.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
They’ve signed a lot of shite however have a great manager.

Similar to Eddie howe.

Will be fine due to the manager more than any of the crap they have signed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Spoke to a few villa fans while camping this weekend and the arrogance was unreal..
We won’t struggle we have spent 100 million
We won’t struggle we have Grealish.

I did explain Fulham spent over 100 mill ‘ but were not Fulham ‘!!!
I also said the jump up is massive but they could not understand..I hope they struggle just because of those arrogant tits..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They’ve signed a lot of shite however have a great manager.

Similar to Eddie howe.

Will be fine due to the manager more than any of the crap they have signed.

Managers are like F1 drivers.

A good driver can get the best out of their car, but ultimately their car will determine where they finish.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's always the same principle for these so called big named clubs, who think they've a divine right to be in the PL, because of their previous history.
Another principle for these 'giants' is to throw money at the cause, which are funds from some overseas owner who needs a toy to play with.
Hopefully they'll go down with the rest of the wannabes :D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Spoke to a few villa fans while camping this weekend and the arrogance was unreal..
We won’t struggle we have spent 100 million
We won’t struggle we have Grealish.

I did explain Fulham spent over 100 mill ‘ but were not Fulham ‘!!!
I also said the jump up is massive but they could not understand..I hope they struggle just because of those arrogant tits..

If we’d spent like they have we’d be optimistic in fairness. It’s quite galling that after two season we are still acting and spending like the paupers of the league, hence so many of our fans being bitter about other clubs spending money to avoid being relegation fodder.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
If we’d spent like they have we’d be optimistic in fairness. It’s quite galling that after two season we are still acting and spending like the paupers of the league, hence so many of our fans being bitter about other clubs spending money to avoid being relegation fodder.

I don't have the figures to hand, but I think we've spent pretty big over the past couple of seasons. Nowhere near Villa's spend in ONE transfer window, but AJ, Locadia, Trossard, Izzy, Montoya, Bernardo, etc didn't come cheap.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

I don't have the figures to hand, but I think we've spent pretty big over the past couple of seasons. Nowhere near Villa's spend in ONE transfer window, but AJ, Locadia, Trossard, Izzy, Montoya, Bernardo, etc didn't come cheap.

Sorry - double post.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
About to sign ANOTHER player, for in excess of £11 million apparently- Marvellous Nakambe from Club Brugge. Their scouts seem to be as keen on the Belgian league as ours.

It is a risky strategy they’re going for whatever their fans say. That is a heck of a lot of players coming in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here