Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Access to Brighton Bus/Coach Station

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
My brother and his wife are coming down to Brighton by National Express and I need to be able to pick them up !

It is years since I dropped off my long gone mother at Brighton Coach Station (near the Steine as I remember).

How easy is it to drop off / pick up from there - parking etc etc and does the Coastline 700 service leave from the same place ?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated !

Last edited:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
anyone remember when they closed the pool valley coach station for ages to "renovate it" and basically did absolutely nothing

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The OP calling it Brighton Bus & Coach Station is something of a misnomer, as the only services that use it now are those operated by National Express coaches. Buses stopped serving it some years ago.

Shame it was quite a transport hub in it's heyday. So busy in fact that it even supported a cafe for passengers to use pre and post journey.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
You say Coastline 700 so I presume this is the service they are using. This bus stops at the Old Steine which, with all the work going on, is impossible for you to stop at. You could drive out to the King Alfred and meet there or, if they know the area, meet at the front of the pier. With the latter you would park up somewhere in Madeira Drive and await a phone call.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
If you live in Ferring the 700 goes there. If you want to pick up on the National Express the Black Lion as mentioned is easiest if you are travelling from Worthing area.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
You can double park for a bit right next to Pool Valley. There's a bit of the Old Steine just where the YHA hostel is where you won't be in anyone's way for a bit and you can just wait for the call.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Just adding to the good advice above. OP might like to know that the Nat'l Express service does stop off in Worthing, just along the seafront adjacent to the pier.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
You can double park for a bit right next to Pool Valley. There's a bit of the Old Steine just where the YHA hostel is where you won't be in anyone's way for a bit and you can just wait for the call.

Have parked there myself when picking up friends on National Express coach.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here