Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which squad is stronger, ours or Fulham’s?

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
A question I asked on Twitter following Knockaert’s departure. The result is pretty conclusive. What do you think?
8CFEB01B-7B1C-484C-A7BA-252667D0DF6C.jpeg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did not do them much good last season though did it?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Totally irrelivant for at least twelve months as the teams are in different divisions.

Besides, having the best squad in the Championship is one thing, but getting out of it is entirely another.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Ours, Dunk, Duffy, Ryan = a proper defence. Doesn't matter how many flair number 10s, tricky wingers, cult Balkan strikers and exotic sounding midfielders you have if you concede two goals a game.

This is also why Villa and Norwich will not be as strong as people think this season.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
“We asked 893 social media users...”

All this shows is that most humans react emotionally. Nobody actually knows whether we will be any good this season, based on last season, we ought to be worried. But we already know the club feel that our previous purchases were not utilised in the right way to get the best out of them. Hence the appointment of The Doctor/Wizard. Whether he has a cat in hells chance of improving things from the offset is going to be ‘interesting’ to see. Interesting in the same way as being the first test rider of an experimental rollercoaster, designed by AI and built by Helen Keller would be interesting.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ours, Dunk, Duffy, Ryan = a proper defence. Doesn't matter how many flair number 10s, tricky wingers, cult Balkan strikers and exotic sounding midfielders you have if you concede two goals a game.

This is also why Villa and Norwich will not be as strong as people think this season.

This. Our defence is lightyears better than theirs, and that's pretty key in the bottom half of the Prem.

Shippers

Jan 12, 2016
This. Our defence is lightyears better than theirs, and that's pretty key in the bottom half of the Prem.

After we scored 2, all that flair, tricky wingers, #10's etc... put 4 past our 'proper defence' inside 45 minutes last season. - Just saying.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I say it every season.... I don't read anything into pre season results. And we will buy 3 or 4 players yet. Potter now has his head around what we have and what we need.

Im still very much looking forward to the season ahead

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Jesus Christ. One pointless friendly defeat and the loan out of Knocky and people f**king wet the bed.

Embarrassing isn't it.

Transfer window hasn't closed yet, you'd think they'd hold their bladder until then and then tsunami of piss everywhere...but no, they prefer a steady stream of piss

I say it every season.... I don't read anything into pre season results. And we will buy 3 or 4 players yet. Potter now has his head around what we have and what we need.

We lost 2-0 to fulham in a friendly the season we got promoted. Means sweet FA.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
After we scored 2, all that flair, tricky wingers, #10's etc... put 4 past our 'proper defence' inside 45 minutes last season. - Just saying.

One game. How did the two teams defences do across the whole season?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Rarely see a correlation between pre-season results and season performance. Pretty sure one of our best years in the last 10 or so (League One promotion, Champ promotion, etc) we had an absolutely shocking pre-season results wise.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here