Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans Forum

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
They’re not good. I get the impression they’re poorly trained students, badly organised and probably long gone before they can gain experience/common sense.

The other thing that holds everything up are the numpties in the queue who despite waiting minutes to get served don’t know what they want when they get to the counter!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I'm not happy, I'm a plumber I will never buy anything in the stadium again,.
What am I going to use to buy beer? :tantrum:
Cash is king :moo:

I presume cashless society would really hit the trades cash in hand tax thing, read an article on Russia where they now track every retail sales centrally, can tell you how many coffees a rural coffee shop shop (on a chard) and using it for tax.

Anyway, cashless stadium please, Amex promo on their fee free card.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
:lolol:

One reason I'm not a top level football manager is that I have no patience and am completely intolerant of nobbery and nobbers.

My reply would have been along the lines of 'Don't be a soppy ****. We aren't playing in the ****ing conference. We don't put the boot in 'early doors', hoof it, or play with a target man. Glenn Murray is not a target man. Anymore. You are a fool and if it weren't for the fact we are in a room full of witnesses I would disembowel you with my ceremonial flick knife. Now Bugger Orf!'

Ah, your true colours are revealed, I know who you are now, and it's a big hello to Big Sam!

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Bad news. 'Cashless' is a blatant revenue maximising scam - increasingly in use at Festivals these days. You have to use your 'real' card to buy festival money - on a card, your wristband or whatever. This is the only way you can buy anything on site - if you run out of festival money, you can top it up with real money from your real card.
The result of this is that everybody leaves with a quid or two of festival money which they can't spend anywhere else (and there's nothing that costs as little as a quid or two to spend it on anyway!) Yes, if you look hard enough, there is probably a way you can get the festival money paid back to you, but most people don't bother for the sake of a quid or two, it's too much trouble - and the organisers realise this; that's why they do it.
At the Amex on match day it could probably generate about another £20K or £30K revenue in unused 'cashless' cash - maybe a little less if STHs could carry it forward from one match to the next..

The earnestness of this post is outstanding. Unfortunately the definition is outdated. It’s like defining social media by explaining MySpace.

As explained by others, cashless just means pay with your card (whether that means putting in your pin or via contactless). It’s not a sinister money-spinning ruse.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Started reading the whole forum but gave up however did anyone ask the more serious question like

Can they move the hand dryers in the toilets next to the sinks on the WSU so you don’t have to push pass other fans with wet hands.
Also can we have oxygen on the stairs. :blush::drama:
Oh thanks TB for buying now and for the future.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Yeah, 'cause someone blocking about a 40cm wide portion of an advertising hoarding that stretches around three sides of the pitch will really stop people seeing what is being advertised.

It is constantly commented on in my area of the ground, especially when we're trailing and the kid in the north west corner has to run the width of the pitch to collect the ball from the north east corner because the other ball boy is trapped behind the advertising, delaying the restart.

It's one thing having an opinion on it. But asking why it happens? :facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The earnestness of this post is outstanding. Unfortunately the definition is outdated. It’s like defining social media by explaining MySpace.

As explained by others, cashless just means pay with your card (whether that means putting in your pin or via contactless). It’s not a sinister money-spinning ruse.

Yes, it has been pointed out that at The Albion 'cashless' just means using your credit/debit card. However, the model of 'cashless' that I describe is very real, and is actually in use in various venues (I experienced it myself at a festival less than a month ago), just thankfully not The Amex.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone know if the video will be available to watch? Couldn't watch live and I would like to skip through? In previous years it was streamed on Youtube but this season it was only on site and now won't play.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I presume cashless society would really hit the trades cash in hand tax thing, .

Only the dodgy ones. :wink:
Most of my customers pay me by bank transfer and I don't do deals or cash discounts.
A cashless stadium would be fine with me, I don't actually spend much at the Amex on a match day.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wouldn't you be? Brain the size of a planet and that is the sort of questions you get asked.

He couldn't get out of the room quickly enough when it finished. You could see him and Barber thinking 'FFS not this again' when the inane (repeated) questions came up.

Re cashless, yes please asap. People faffing around in their pockets for cash, staff unable to do the simple maths when someone hands over £20.80 to pay a £15.80 bill etc. What they were getting at with the Amex involvement on this was, I thought, access to better contactless systems/terminals to facilitate use of contactless debit/credit cards like we can now, not specifically Amex cards or loaded cards like we had previously. As others have said, other places (WHL for example) already do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here