Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans Forum

Members

1 Not allowed!
    Started reading the whole forum but gave up however did anyone ask the more serious question like

Can they move the hand dryers in the toilets next to the sinks on the WSU so you don’t have to push pass other fans with wet hands.
    Also can we have oxygen on the stairs.
    Oh thanks TB for buying now and for the future.
    THOSE IN GLASS PALACES SHOULD NOT THROW BRICKS

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Acker79 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yeah, 'cause someone blocking about a 40cm wide portion of an advertising hoarding that stretches around three sides of the pitch will really stop people seeing what is being advertised.

It is constantly commented on in my area of the ground, especially when we're trailing and the kid in the north west corner has to run the width of the pitch to collect the ball from the north east corner because the other ball boy is trapped behind the advertising, delaying the restart.
      It's one thing having an opinion on it. But asking why it happens?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
      The earnestness of this post is outstanding. Unfortunately the definition is outdated. It’s like defining social media by explaining MySpace.

As explained by others, cashless just means pay with your card (whether that means putting in your pin or via contactless). It’s not a sinister money-spinning ruse.
      Yes, it has been pointed out that at The Albion 'cashless' just means using your credit/debit card. However, the model of 'cashless' that I describe is very real, and is actually in use in various venues (I experienced it myself at a festival less than a month ago), just thankfully not The Amex.
      Super Moderator

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by HantsSeagull View Post
      i thought Tony looked bored out of his mind.
      Wouldn't you be? Brain the size of a planet and that is the sort of questions you get asked.

0 Not allowed!
      White Hart Lane worked as a cashless venue last season, no issues whatsoever.

0 Not allowed!
      Anyone know if the video will be available to watch? Couldn't watch live and I would like to skip through? In previous years it was streamed on Youtube but this season it was only on site and now won't play.
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hampster Gull View Post
      I presume cashless society would really hit the trades cash in hand tax thing, .
      Only the dodgy ones.
      Most of my customers pay me by bank transfer and I don't do deals or cash discounts.
      A cashless stadium would be fine with me, I don't actually spend much at the Amex on a match day.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
      Wouldn't you be? Brain the size of a planet and that is the sort of questions you get asked.
      He couldn't get out of the room quickly enough when it finished. You could see him and Barber thinking 'FFS not this again' when the inane (repeated) questions came up.

Re cashless, yes please asap. People faffing around in their pockets for cash, staff unable to do the simple maths when someone hands over £20.80 to pay a £15.80 bill etc. What they were getting at with the Amex involvement on this was, I thought, access to better contactless systems/terminals to facilitate use of contactless debit/credit cards like we can now, not specifically Amex cards or loaded cards like we had previously. As others have said, other places (WHL for example) already do it.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      Anyone know if the video will be available to watch? Couldn't watch live and I would like to skip through? In previous years it was streamed on Youtube but this season it was only on site and now won't play.
      Don't know but its on BBC Sounds via https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07hwn1z

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      Don't know but its on BBC Sounds via https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07hwn1z
      Thanks very much, I'll have a listen later!
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......