Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] We’re the moon landings sexist?

Were the moon landings sexist?

• Yes

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 73.2%

• Total voters

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Twitter now describing the landing as racist too. Seems millennials rather than being inspired by the landing are appalled by the deplorable sexism and racism as white men rxclusively undertook this project, some calling for the landing to be wiped from history until a truly inclusive landing takes place.

Have you not watched "Hidden Figures" ???

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
b4f.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Female pilots were involved in the project and scored as well or better than the men who were finally chosen for the mission. On all the tests.

That's a fact. And I'm not a "snowflake". Google it.

It was 1969 FFS. As if they were going to let it be "first woman on the moon" can you imagine?! It still wouldn't be allowed now....

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

I would.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Based on the title I suppose...

"WE'RE THE LANDINGS WE'RE THE LANDINGS, WE'RE THE LANDINGS SEXIST BOYS!"

"WE'RE THE DENIAL, WE'RE THE DENIAL, WE'RE THE DENIAL LANDINGS BOYS!"

Repeat.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Twitter now describing the landing as racist too. Seems millennials rather than being inspired by the landing are appalled by the deplorable sexism and racism as white men exclusively undertook this project
White men didn't exclusively undertake the project. Several black women worked on the calculations required to make the missions a success and I find it both racist and sexist that you've tried to write them out of history.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Female pilots were involved in the project and scored as well or better than the men who were finally chosen for the mission. On all the tests.

That's a fact. And I'm not a "snowflake". Google it.

It was 1969 FFS. As if they were going to let it be "first woman on the moon" can you imagine?! It still wouldn't be allowed now....

That's not quite how it went down They were never involved in the NASA program, they just did some privately funded testing.

Unlike the Mercury 13 the Mercury 7 were all ex-Military pilots who were at the time all highly experienced test pilots. A qualification required for the job that I don't believe any of the Mercury 13 held.

They were never going to let any civilians with the influence of the Military be the first Astronauts. That included men and women.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
White men didn't exclusively undertake the project. Several black women worked on the calculations required to make the missions a success and I find it both racist and sexist that you've tried to write them out of history.

Thousands of people whose names will never be known worked on those projects and made them a success.

They haven't been written out of the story, they were just not to the forefront.

I mean do we know the names of any of the actual people that built the space ships? They kind of made it happen didn't they? Easy to say they are important to the story.

D

Deleted member 22389

Sad ****ers, not anyone on here but the people complaining on twatter. Anyway looking forward to the day we actually go back. Amazing that they achieved this all those years ago.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We couldn't do it today with just three places available to fit a white man, black man, an LGBTQ person and a disabled person and another with learning difficulties with space for a wheelchair in the capsule.
That's only two people, if your recruitment is good enough.

What about the winning?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Thousands of people whose names will never be known worked on those projects and made them a success.

They haven't been written out of the story, they were just not to the forefront.

I mean do we know the names of any of the actual people that built the space ships? They kind of made it happen didn't they? Easy to say they are important to the story.

They were just almost entirely white men, which is why people are getting so angry and upset about how we can celebrate it today.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

How many people actually know the name of the third guy on the mission?
We all know Neil Armstrong and Buzz Lightyear but for a lot of us thats it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
1969 was sexist???

Are people really stupid enough to try and judge every other period of history by today's standards.

I can't be doing with this nonsense, luckily I don't partake in twitter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here