Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham V Brighton And Hove Albion bigger boys 15.00 K.O The EBB Stadium

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I 'Bloomin' well hope so.
Excuse the 'joke'!
Surely, having invested in Ashworth, Potter et al, we are not going to go into the season without further signings?
Charge of the Light Brigade, comes to mind!

Save these posts for August 8th - worrying about things that aren’t going to happen is not worth it.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Save these posts for August 8th - worrying about things that aren’t going to happen is not worth it.

I agree with you, Chailey.
I am pretty sanguine and have faith in our leaders.
My post was an attempt at being light-hearted rather than in earnest.:thumbsup:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Blimey! I've just watched the highlights and seen the Albion create more chances than I saw in total since Christmas.
I love the way we aim to get the ball into dangerous positions so quickly.
I think PottyTime could be very entertaining.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That’s a really good point you’ve alluded to

One of my biggest concerns is the quality of the squad.

I mean how many of our players would walk into a mid table prem team as starters?

Dunk
Duffy

I’m struggling after that.

Perhaps Bernardo

(Though those last two had stinkers yesterday)

Ryan
Stephens
Propper
Gross

All okay for us, but squad members for most other teams (perhaps I’m harsh on Propper).

I think we have a lot of work to do in this window, and IMO we haven’t got meaningfully started.

Edit - apologies all, didn’t read the discussion after [MENTION=14905]symyjym[/MENTION] post.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funnily enough, we were just saying something similar.

For which current Albion players would there be uproar (on NSC etc), if they were sold in the next 3 weeks?

Dunk, Duffy, Bernardo, possibly Muzza?

Much incoming business to do.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Blimey! I've just watched the highlights and seen the Albion create more chances than I saw in total since Christmas.
I love the way we aim to get the ball into dangerous positions so quickly.
I think PottyTime could be very entertaining.

I've got a feeling Locadia may come good this season... We shall see

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Funnily enough, we were just saying something similar.

For which current Albion players would there be uproar (on NSC etc), if they were sold in the next 3 weeks?

Dunk, Duffy, Bernardo, possibly Muzza?

Much incoming business to do.
I'd be in *uproar* if we sold Pascal the Great.

The rest, not so much outrage from me, a tinge of sadness in many cases. Maybe a little outrage about Bernardo.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can't beat a good old match day thread , football managers from far and wide descend upon the rich pickings of defeat like a starved vulture , roll on Birmingham :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't beat a good old match day thread , football managers from far and wide descend upon the rich pickings of defeat like a starved vulture , roll on Birmingham [emoji38]ol:
Let's hope we perform better at Birmingham than last pre-season.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Completely disagree. He'll not know that until his various selections have played games against Premier League standard opposition.

Potter will have seen enough from a few weeks of training and two games to have an idea of who he wants and who he doesn't want. That's why my original point was credit for giving established first teamers a run out, he has seen them for a month now and Im sure studied videos and know who will fit into his new game plan. Personally I can see a few ins and outs between now and the close of the window.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are you sure it was Cairney as I seemed to remember that it was foreign sounding named player who cam on scored a goal and made a couple

.ps Just checked it and the player I am thinking of is Lucciano Vietto who I think changed the game.

Vietto did play well. Cairney came on at 27 minutes, and they changed the formation to suit. Rest is history.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
11 Championship games before being sold to Sunderland in January 2014... not really a mainstay...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember he was missing games because his ‘head wasn’t right’ . He left for the money and the Premier League, not because he wasn’t wanted.

el punal

Let's hope we perform better at Birmingham than last pre-season.

Let’s hope we perform better at Watford than last season.

To be honest I don’t give a monkey’s about pre-season games results. They are training games to enable the coaching staff to assess what is required for the league season. Hopefully they, and the players, will be fine tuned for Saturday 10th August, we certainly weren’t in the corresponding fixture last year.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Oh I see. Didn't seem to be a problem for Burnley who beat Fulham in their first friendly
And if Duffy and Stephens hadn't made mistakes then so would we have won. Wet the bed over a friendly if you want. I can assure you from being a few yards away from some players in the second half that they were blowing mightily. It is a well known fact that preseason starts with fitness levels and works towards all round training. Fulham were a week ahead in this process and went from looking abject in the first half to the better side in the second as we tired and made changes.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
And if Duffy and Stephens hadn't made mistakes then so would we have won. Wet the bed over a friendly if you want. I can assure you from being a few yards away from some players in the second half that they were blowing mightily. It is a well known fact that preseason starts with fitness levels and works towards all round training. Fulham were a week ahead in this process and went from looking abject in the first half to the better side in the second as we tired and made changes.

You don't exactly look at Stephens dad bod and think 'naturally fit'. Preseason must be a bloody nightmare for him.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
Is it the case that we have used 4 2 3 1 for all our pre season so far?
We may have learnt one thing that at least initially the new manager feels this is best for our current squad.
A relatively small tweak from our last manager.
If locardio is contesting the central attacking role with andone and murray.
Knocky goes and izzy injured maybe the priority is another winger/inside forward and not a forward unless
one of the current three are let go?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here