Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham V Brighton And Hove Albion bigger boys 15.00 K.O The EBB Stadium

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Surely if Potter believed Andone and Ali J were the answer as people keep insisting he would have given them more than 30 minutes? In which case a massive 3 week recruitment to come or TB will staring down the barrel of losing one hell of a gamble this summer.

Indeed. It’s what I find baffling about the Bloom gamble. Our squad is clearly not the sort which can playing the attacking football we want to. Losing AK and bringing in the new winger is not going to change that. If you’re going to totally change philosophy at least allow the new man the funds to do that. It’s all very quiet on the signing front.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Yep. There's some gaps. The club need to buy 2-3 more players this window . Can't imagine there's anyone either at the club (or realistically on here for that matter) that doesn't think that and isn't working to make it happen.

I agree, the frustration is our business will be done late. We need to bed these new additions in and hit the ground running.

Surely the club need to review the way we do our business.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still at least we didn't lose 1-0 to Bromley, today.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very true CJ... although, assuming AK leaves, I think we now need 4: ST, RB, ACM & RW...

If he continues with inside forwards as part of the 4-2-3-1 then I can’t see us getting another ACM or RW, especially with the likes of Richards, Alzate, Mac Allister and Tau possibly joining the 1st team next season with the first two ready for experimentation this season.

I think we need 9 attacking players (plus U23 support) so perhaps one more Striker signing to join this mob:

Murray
Andone
Locadia
March
Izzy
Trossard
Ali-J
Groß

And a right back.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Surely if Potter believed Andone and Ali J were the answer as people keep insisting he would have given them more than 30 minutes? In which case a massive 3 week recruitment to come or TB will staring down the barrel of losing one hell of a gamble this summer.

You'd think wouldn't you? We want everyone fit, sharp and integrated in to the new system. So it does seem a little odd....

?? Last week they both had 45 minutes each , its still only pre-season and they've 3 games left to get minutes in the tank.
Ask again after the closed door friendly and Birmingham.
People really want to see things that aren't there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd prefer Potter to get a glimpse of how shit we CAN be now (whilst we still have time to recruit) than during the 1st game of the season.

Well quite.

And anyone thinking we'd just transition from one style to another immediately without any issues needs their heads seeing to. I think he has probably seen the liitations of last season's default starting XI now thought.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Moronic? I don't think so.

We can either use this friendly as an indication of what's to come, or we write it off as a training session as some utter twats tend to reel off repeatedly.

Many changing their minds on the above after HT.

I don't think we would sub Ryan off and bring Steele on in a truly competitive match, unless Ryan was injured, or take Stephens off for Dreyer when we are 2-1 down with 5 to go. There is some indication of what is to come, but I would not base any predictions of where we might finish the season on what we have seen to date in pre season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If he continues with inside forwards as part of the 4-2-3-1 then I can’t see us getting another ACM or RW, especially with the likes of Richards, Alzate, Mac Allister and Tau possibly joining the 1st team next season with the first two ready for experimentation this season.

I think we need 9 attacking players (plus U23 support) so perhaps one more Striker signing to join this mob:

Murray
Andone
Locadia
March
Izzy
Trossard
Ali-J
Groß

And a right back.

I have to say ST & RB would be my priorities but, although 4 wingers sounds good, 1 of those is long-term injured (Izzy)... and who is covering Gross?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I agree, the frustration is our business will be done late. We need to bed these new additions in and hit the ground running.

Surely the club need to review the way we do our business.

What ? because er, we're going to do some transfer window business in the last few weeks of the transfer window.
Blimey the entire premier league would be having a review.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
?? Last week they both had 45 minutes each , its still only pre-season and they've 3 games left to get minutes in the tank.

Perhaps. Perhaps.
You're very pragmatic.
People were jumping the gun re: AK leaving. Sometimes things are there.
Potter chose that team for a reason, now I don't know the meaning behind it, but there's no harm in people giving their opinions on an internet forum is there?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I really want to see footballing ability in Locadia and Jahanbakhsh, but like you say, it just isn’t there...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well quite.

And anyone thinking we'd just transition from one style to another immediately without any issues needs their heads seeing to. I think he has probably seen the liitations of last season's default starting XI now thought.

Something both Potter and Hughton would probably agree on in terms of tactics. Reading too much into a single game, especially in pre-season , is kneejerk management at its worst. So i'd guess if Potter thinks any of his squad or a likely first choice line up has limitations he won't have found that out today.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I didn't see the game, so cannot comment on how we played, only know that we lost.
Fulham were PL, a few months ago, not a label just a status.
So they're Championship now, favourites to come back up.
So no shame in losing a FRIENDLY, still some fine tuning to do, which I think if GP is given the chance, he will make a difference.
Let's not forget the season hasn't started yet, so the moaners or bedwetters, or whatever you're called, please give it a rest, am I'm looking forward to new season of positivity, not doom and gloom from the back benchers.
Of course IMO :thumbsup:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I really want to see footballing ability in Locadia and Jahanbakhsh, but like you say, it just isn’t there...

Locadia had a pretty decent game today by all accounts and was unlucky to not score at least one of his chances. Not so sure about Jahanbakhsh, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here