Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham V Brighton And Hove Albion bigger boys 15.00 K.O The EBB Stadium

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Was secretly hoping Potter had seen enough of some of the old guard to get rid, and got enough out of some of the new players to do something fairly bold. Would love to see a front 4 of Ali J, Trossard, Andone and Locadia...not because I rate them, but because I was hoping last year was just a cock up.

Clearly the Valencia game will be a stronger indication of Potter's plans, but it is just a bit disconcerting that the team he has picked in the first proper friendly is the EXACT team (and maybe even formation) that CH would pick.
Still, we know from last night that he's not afraid to move the players around.
And it's only a friendly.

So what team would you pick out of interest ?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Was secretly hoping Potter had seen enough of some of the old guard to get rid, and got enough out of some of the new players to do something fairly bold. Would love to see a front 4 of Ali J, Trossard, Andone and Locadia...not because I rate them, but because I was hoping last year was just a cock up.

Clearly the Valencia game will be a stronger indication of Potter's plans, but it is just a bit disconcerting that the team he has picked in the first proper friendly is the EXACT team (and maybe even formation) that CH would pick.
Still, we know from last night that he's not afraid to move the players around.
And it's only a friendly.

That's all fair enough, I get what you mean re Trossard and Jahanbakhsh especially but I still think Murray could have a fair bit to offer this season. The ideal scenario for me would be to sign a new first choice striker and let Murray and Andone battle it out to get their chance. But I think it's a little bit unreasonable to expect vast changes when we have only made 2 signings and Clarke will be a sub - we need to make at least 3 more in my opinion!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is pretty funky huh? Sell a fan favourite and then pick the team that got Hughton the sack, formation and all.
Surreal day.

I am very interested in seeing how they perform given that we know how this team played under CH.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Is this being streamed for free like the last game? If so anyone have a link?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Blimey that looks familiar.

It's almost as if CH was selecting the best players before he got the punt.

Indeed.

But stop being negative, they’ll be playing a completely different attacking formation today.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here