Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham V Brighton And Hove Albion bigger boys 15.00 K.O The EBB Stadium

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The thing that's most frustrating me with a lot of the negativity is that it's "we've signed nobody, the club are shite!". When the club itself have said "the market is a nightmare, we're trying".

It's obvious that they ARE trying to sign players but also trying to not put us in a Palace style "bankrupt if you don't sell a player for £40m profit per season" situation.

It's not that simple FFS! Of course we need to strengthen. Of course we need to not bankrupt the club. The people doing the jobs that the moaning twats don't get are trying to do just that. Not sitting on their arses going "yeah we'll be fine with Murray up front for the next five years". Is that what you really think is happening?

There's always the option of doing a Fulham I suppose. Chuck £150m (plus similar in wages) at some random "names" and see how it goes?

They got relegated btw.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The thing that's most frustrating me with a lot of the negativity is that it's "we've signed nobody, the club are shite!". When the club itself have said "the market is a nightmare, we're trying".

It's obvious that they ARE trying to sign players but also trying to not put us in a Palace style "bankrupt if you don't sell a player for £40m profit per season" situation.

It's not that simple FFS! Of course we need to strengthen. Of course we need to not bankrupt the club. The people doing the jobs that the moaning twats don't get are trying to do just that. Not sitting on their arses going "yeah we'll be fine with Murray up front for the next five years". Is that what you really think is happening?

There's always the option of doing a Fulham I suppose. Chuck £150m (plus similar in wages) at some random "names" and see how it goes?

They got relegated btw.

This is because something I’ve believed for a long long time.
There are a HUGE proportion of our fans that are frankly morons who do not understand football.
Unfortunately they never will and we have to put up with them. It’s not me being aloof or snobbish. It’s simply the ‘go to’ feeling when they get upset.

Eg
Their stance is:

1. ‘Player gets sent off means he should never wear the shirt again’
2,.‘Player missed a tackle means he must be a Championship player. ‘

Pathetic. Please do just **** off and support somebody else

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Don’t hold your breath because all the noise coming out of the club is about evolution not revolution so if we don’t invest in at least a new striker and a couple of other FIRST team signings ....

That’s funny cos the noise I can hear being reported out of the club is it being being linked with ££m rated right backs, strikers and midfielders.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Cheers. Potter looked about 2 years older in this afternoons interview but at least he now understands the enormous task in hand just getting to know what he has really inherited. Not a lot of time to get ready but will be fascinating watching the team learn in real time.

Ha! To me
He looked exactly the same as he always does and said some fairly normal bland things about improving and his team are responding to his ideas. . Couldn’t read anything much into it all. Likewise looked similar after the thumping win last week.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Actually, I distinctly remember Premier League Cairney, coming on at Craven Cottage, against Premier League Brighton, and turning the game from 0-2, to 4-2 in his side’s favour.

And we have Premier League Gross who also scored today and has played in a team now in its third successive season in top flight.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

They got relegated btw.

Sounds like Villa’s approach.

I’m really hoping that they have come back too soon and that they crash and burn like Fulham did last season.

el punal

There are a HUGE proportion of our fans that are frankly morons who do not understand football.
Unfortunately they never will and we have to put up with them. It’s not me being aloof or snobbish. It’s simply the ‘go to’ feeling when they get upset.

Eg
Their stance is:

I like the cut of your jib, sir! It does amaze me, amuse me even, that certain fans go into verbal histrionics over the slightest thing. Common sense and rational thinking seem to evaporate from their brain. Yesterday’s match against Fulham being the perfect example.

We lost 2-1 in a pre-season friendly. An occasion that is used to try out all things new, to see what works and what doesn’t, to see which players impress or not in any given position. A time to assess FFS! It’s got to be done in order to move forward. Would the brick bats and the ridiculous moaning from some fans be non-existent if we had won? Maybe. In a couple of weeks time it will be immaterial when the league season starts and pre-season friendlies will all be forgotten.

For those of you that are complaining ad infinitum about the club and it’s decisions, get a f***ing grip! My advice? Enjoy the game, take the rough with the smooth, it’s what watching football is all about - well, for most of us it is. :shrug:

el punal

Wasn't there today, last night we were camped behind the dugout, a few seats away from Sir Bruno.
'Not over animated is he, old Potter? ' I offered.
'So long as it's not another Hyypia, he was like that' came the learned response.

Keep the Faith, roll on Watford.

Was the learned response from Sir Bruno? :bowdown:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Did the players really stink out the PL in the first half of last season? I think the players proved they could play, even in the second half of the season. Battered Watford for 90 minutes and Fulham for 45. Most of them have the skill, so something else was missing.

We weren’t good, even CH admitted we’d been outplayed in those 3 autumn wins.

Luck evened itself out over the season and we dropped like a stone. Out of the 38 games, so few where anyone could rationally say “The Albion played well today”. TB evidently judged it simply not good enough, he sacked CH.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Actually, I distinctly remember Premier League Cairney, coming on at Craven Cottage, against Premier League Brighton, and turning the game from 0-2, to 4-2 in his side’s favour.

Are you sure it was Cairney as I seemed to remember that it was foreign sounding named player who cam on scored a goal and made a couple

.ps Just checked it and the player I am thinking of is Lucciano Vietto who I think changed the game.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Tells me I'm glad I didn't travel to Aldershot.

To be fair it was a good afternoon out. The team was largely as I expected (with most of the development squad having played the night before). It was nice to see Potter trying a slightly different style to last season albeit with essentially the same players. He couldn't do much more. Yes he could have started with Trossard, but even when he came on in the second half he looked unconvincing and reminded me of Ali J from last season.

Potter's remit is largely to try to get more out of what we've got and I'm not going to write off our chances after our first meaningful friendly. We know we need 3 new faces and hopefully they will arrive in the next 3 weeks. It was good to see Locadia looking sharp as well as Murray although I thought Bernardo was under par.

Happy to have gone to the game and am still positive about the forthcoming season.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Eg
Their stance is:

HUGE proportion :rolleyes::ffsparr: I wouldn't even say it's anything like a huge proportion on here, let alone in reality. The same old names on here repeat the same old negativity, whilst in real life most Albion fans are pretty rational folk. All clubs have their fair share of irrational fans, us included - some id say far more than us proportion wise too - but it's absolutely nothing like a 'huge proportion'.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cheers. Potter looked about 2 years older in this afternoons interview but at least he now understands the enormous task in hand just getting to know what he has really inherited. Not a lot of time to get ready but will be fascinating watching the team learn in real time.

That’s a really good point you’ve alluded to

One of my biggest concerns is the quality of the squad.

I mean how many of our players would walk into a mid table prem team as starters?

Dunk
Duffy

I’m struggling after that.

Perhaps Bernardo

(Though those last two had stinkers yesterday)

Ryan
Stephens
Propper
Gross

All okay for us, but squad members for most other teams (perhaps I’m harsh on Propper).

I think we have a lot of work to do in this window, and IMO we haven’t got meaningfully started.

Edit - apologies all, didn’t read the discussion after [MENTION=14905]symyjym[/MENTION] post.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It would be astonishing. The club must shirley be ready to announce some key signings.

I 'Bloomin' well hope so.
Excuse the 'joke'!
Surely, having invested in Ashworth, Potter et al, we are not going to go into the season without further signings?
Charge of the Light Brigade, comes to mind!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That’s a really good point you’ve alluded to

One of my biggest concerns is the quality of the squad.

I mean how many of our players would walk into a mid table prem team as starters?

Dunk
Duffy

I’m struggling after that.

Perhaps Bernardo

(Though those last two had stinkers yesterday)

Ryan
Stephens
Propper
Gross

All okay for us, but squad members for most other teams (perhaps I’m harsh on Propper).

I think we have a lot of work to do in this window, and IMO we haven’t got meaningfully started.

Edit - apologies all, didn’t read the discussion after [MENTION=14905]symyjym[/MENTION] post.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We aren’t a mid table prem team who play mid table prem wages so why the shock ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here