Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 485
  1. #301
    Members the right footed denilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    6,469


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It might be a good thing that Potter is seeing the flaws in the team and the squad. Watching training and Dvds of last season isn't the same as experiencing it for himself close up.

    Perhaps he can put his finger on why Ali J tears it up in training (by all accounts) and never quite does the business when it counts. Birmingham and Valencia may tell him more.
    Re: Ali J....heard this a few times. There's a decent amount of truth in it then?
    Thing is though, training is different to a game. My feeling is that he probably aces all the skills training- shooting etc, but just doesn't have the attributes to excel in a top level match situation...we shall see.
    How long? Not long
    Because what you reap, is what you sow.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #302
      Members B.W.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      13,613


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If he scored a goal full stop!
      He made two in Austria...
      SockMonster Quote: “I agree with BW… I always agree with BW. He is the font of all knowledge.”
    • #303
      Members Bold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      20,859


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are you sure? Izzy scored more goals but surely AK created more?
      Nope, Izzy was 5 goals, 3 assists, Knocky 3 goals, 1 assist.

      Over the 2 PL seasons Knocky has 5 goals and 7 assists, which does make him our most prolific PL winger.
    • #304
      Members Not Andy Naylor's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Seven Dials
      Posts
      6,597


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the right footed denilson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Re: Ali J....heard this a few times. There's a decent amount of truth in it then?
      Thing is though, training is different to a game. My feeling is that he probably aces all the skills training- shooting etc, but just doesn't have the attributes to excel in a top level match situation...we shall see.
      His teammates aren't trying to kick him in training. Opponents aren't as gentle.
      England are still the only team to have won the World Cup wearing red shirts.
    • #305
      Members zefarelly's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Sussex, by the sea
      Posts
      6,423


      0 Not allowed!
      Is there anyone who saw today's game who has anything positive to say?

      I've just watched Shoreham in a pre season friendly, not a polished performance in every respect, but after much upheaval some positive performances and a good result.
      It's all a load of bollocks
    • #306
      Members Albion my Albion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Darlington, UK
      Posts
      7,929


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Anyone got Hughton's number handy
      17th place.
      Quote Originally Posted by ac gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      common sense is not actually that common these days
    • #307
      Members Hugo Rune's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      6,974


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are you sure? Izzy scored more goals but surely AK created more?
      Three goals, one assist.
      :guitar:
    • #308
      Super Moderator Hiney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Hedge End, Southampton
      Posts
      19,209


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by crodonilson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Pre season results tell you nothing. Some of the pant wetting on this thread by our ‘fans’ is absolutely laughable. Just a glorified training session to get us tuned up for the current season.
      Bang on Crodo, as always
      The definitive archive of Albion programmes

    • #309
      A tad aggressive.
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      Not in Whitechapel
      Posts
      1,815


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I bet statistically you are wrong, and that a side with a good pre-season goes on to have a good start to the season. I’m not going to dig out the stats, but to say they tell you nothing is the most laughable part about your post. At the very least they will tell GP who his starting XI will be at Vicarage Road.

      Confidence, belief, momentum can all be gained from pre-season. We know our squad’s confidence and self belief was on the floor in May, so they desperately need some games to build on.

      No point getting upset about or panicking over, but you’d rather be winning and scoring goals, looking sharp than not.
      Just going through our recent seasons;

      The year we won L1 Under Poyet; we lost to Whitehawk & drew with Bognor
      Hughtons first pre-season; we lost to Aberdeen & drew with Lewes
      The year we got promoted to the Prem; We lost to Fulham, Stevenage & Luton.

      I mean, last year we lost to Wimbledon and drew with St Gallen, Birmingham & Charlton. We were in the top half at Christmas so it’s hardly like we had a slow start to the season.

    • #310
      Members GT49er's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Gloucester
      Posts
      25,154


      3 Not allowed!
      Must admit I wasn't too chuffed to see us starting with what was virtually last year's first team, give or take. They seemed to do better than the later team though, after we'd brought on Kayal, Jahanbakhsh, Trossard and Andone - as many have been calling for. Hmmm.........

      Ultimately just a training match, so not too much to get upset about. I don't know what it's told Potter, but I have absolutely no idea about how this season will pan out! I'm strangely calm about it - sort of curious, rather than highly excited or desperately worried.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •