Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] A promise from me.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My eighty five year old dad died three months ago - a good age.
To make my old mums life a bit easier [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] installed an outside tap on the front of her bungalow in Coldean a week ago.
It was fitted low down behind fence posts and set back twenty feet from the pavement, so not really visible.
A week later some scumbag has nicked it (no jokes please)
The tap cost a fiver-easily replaceable and cheap because [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] doesn't charge me :smile:
The problem now is my family and my mum know someone has been on her property and possibly watching us.
Ironically we had cameras installed inside the bungalow and one on her back garden to keep an eye on her.
We will now install a camera covering the front and remove the tap each evening - a pain in the arse.
Not a day goes by without my mum getting scammer phone calls and various odd people coming to the door.
Luckily this year I have been around more often than normal and sent them on their way.

I promise if I catch the turd that did this his family will wonder why they haven't seen him for a while.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What a bloody shitty and spiteful thing to do to someone. The World's gone mad.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I feel your pain and the way things are these days makes my piss boil.
Luckily you are around but the only comfort is that there is CCTV, you can screen calls before answering and stickers on doors telling me certain people they are not welcome or one of those things where your mum can see who is at the door are all available.
Great shame we need any of them, when your mum was a kid she probably lived in a house where the door was left open or at least unlocked.
One of these days I will catch a scumbag and I will take great pleasure in removing his teeth.
But it will be me in the jail though.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That's so ****ing bizarre. Obviously a crap situation and like you allude to it is probably someone local which makes it even more messed up.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There will always be light fingered vermin around, who’ll take anything with any value, rather than do a day’s work.

One day the apologists (and sentencing guidelines) will catch up with what the quiet majority of folk want .... meaningful punishment for these people.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
In our block of flats an old lady was tricked into letting 'carers' in last week. They weren't. She was assaulted and robbed. I swear thieves used to have more morals.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
That's crap, really crap, like your mum wont be struggling enough with losing your dad, really sorry to hear this, what is wrong with people these days?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just a word to add my moral support, mate. Good luck [MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There will always be light fingered vermin around, who’ll take anything with any value, rather than do a day’s work.

One day the apologists (and sentencing guidelines) will catch up with what the quiet majority of folk want .... meaningful punishment for these people.

I still struggle with the death penalty - always seemed a bit harsh. But there is an argument for setting a threshold in all crim areas and if exceeded, whoosh! Think of the money we would save on prison B and B. And think of the reduction in reoffending reoffenders.

I also used to say, if someone did anything to anyone in my family, I would **** **** but I would also expect the state to stop me (ideally by arresting and sentencing the buggers first).

Finally, no, things aren't getting worse. They may be getting different, but not actually worse like there is a trajectory and soon we will all be rutting in our own faeces in the street (etc). That is no consolation to anyone on the wrong end of shitness, of course.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Finally, no, things aren't getting worse. They may be getting different, but not actually worse like there is a trajectory and soon we will all be rutting in our own faeces in the street (etc). That is no consolation to anyone on the wrong end of shitness, of course.

Sorry but they are.

Aggressive attitudes everywhere
Lack of manners
Lack of decency
Having to install CCTV (so sorry [MENTION=11499]simmo[/MENTION]_SAYS)
This whole sense of entitlement without working/earning it

Growing up I don’t re all witnessing the above to anything like the extent we do now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I really sorry to hear this Simmo, why anyone would steal a tap heaven knows, my old man passed away 9 years ago and only last week my mum (86) receives a speeding notice with intention to prosecute from Avon & Somerset Police ssuggesting a car registered in my late fathers name had been zapped down that way!! It wasn’t even a vehicle he’d ever owned ffs.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Take comfort that the perpetrator/s might have already had a nasty accident or some bad luck - I hope so

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here