Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crawley Town v Brighton And Hove Albion Tonight 19.45 K.O Peoples Pension Stadium

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Disgraceful from the club. At least have the respect to field a handful of senior players.

Or call it what it is. Don't list it as a senior fixture and play the development squad + Hemed.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So, the only youngun (in first team training) who didn't feature was Alzate.
And with Yves back he is likely to only be on the bench tomorrow.

I expect (and hope) we will see Alzate tomorrow with the first team. He was class last week.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Clean sheet and an opportunity for Potter to look at the kids. Pleased that Richards got a debut goal and Baluta did OK. Good night's work.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
It's a pre-season friendly, is about fitness and game time, the lads get a runout play at 80%, and most importantly avoid injury. Can't believe the amount of muppets on here writing off a really decent group of lads after one meaningless pre season friendly.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
They won't be, 2 different squads for 2 different matches.
So its the might be squad and the definitely not squad then for the 1st team.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Disgraceful from the club. At least have the respect to field a handful of senior players.

Or call it what it is. Don't list it as a senior fixture and play the development squad + Hemed.

Was it listed as a senior fixture? Two games in two days would seem to indicate a youth team game.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Was it listed as a senior fixture? Two games in two days would seem to indicate a youth team game.

It was - and still is:-

Crawley.jpg

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
What I feel pissed off about. Loads of kids turn up, stand at the front at the very least to get a signature and see their heroes close up. Had many of us adults, fans, supporters known what team would have been put out, I am sure there would have been around a couple of hundred Brighton fans present. Its undignified to Crawley as it only appears now purely for gate receipt purposes and not the game, and is a game that could have easily been played at our excellence center at any time.

I and the ten who went today, spent a few quid, took time out of work to go and got soaked, leaving at half time. If i had known that the near full squad x 2 would be playing v Fulham at Aldershot tomorrow, we all would have gone to that instead.

I understand the need to play the youth and the future but there is a time and a place for it.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
What I feel pissed off about. Loads of kids turn up, stand at the front at the very least to get a signature and see their heroes close up. Had many of us adults, fans, supporters known what team would have been put out, I am sure there would have been around a couple of hundred Brighton fans present. Its undignified to Crawley as it only appears now purely for gate receipt purposes and not the game, and is a game that could have easily been played at our excellence center at any time.

I and the ten who went today, spent a few quid, took time out of work to go and got soaked, leaving at half time. If i had known that the near full squad x 2 would be playing v Fulham at Aldershot tomorrow, we all would have gone to that instead.

I understand the need to play the youth and the future but there is a time and a place for it.

We are playing Fulham tomorrow. This was always going to the case.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
We are playing Fulham tomorrow. This was always going to the case.

Absolute bollocks. You play a mixed squad through both fixtures allowing all players the chance to improve their fitness.

Potter leading out our (Rusk's) Dev squad, largely unchanged through the game is disrespectful to Crawley, the fans that expected more than a single outcast senior player and the rest of the squad that won't get more than 45 mins tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here