Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Goodbye "This Week'

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm genuinely disappointed and not a little irked that the BBC have binned this off (and from what I understand it HAS been axed, its not a case of Neil jacking it in). Its had a lot of CRINGE moments, not least last night with some of those toe-curling Grease numbers. And there's been some monumental car-crash interviews on there as well. But thats what made it so entertaining, and I always enjoyed Andrew Neil's wry pisstaking of the parliamentary machine and some of the buffoons that have been inflicted on us.

It even made me come round to the idea that Michael Portillo may actually have made a very fine Prime Minister, but then I'm usually a couple of glasses into the red by the time it comes on.

I'll miss it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm genuinely disappointed and not a little irked that the BBC have binned this off (and from what I understand it HAS been axed, its not a case of Neil jacking it in). Its had a lot of CRINGE moments, not least last night with some of those toe-curling Grease numbers. And there's been some monumental car-crash interviews on there as well. But thats what made it so entertaining, and I always enjoyed Andrew Neil's wry pisstaking of the parliamentary machine and some of the buffoons that have been inflicted on us.

It even made me come round to the idea that Michael Portillo may actually have made a very fine Prime Minister, but then I'm usually a couple of glasses into the red by the time it comes on.

I'll miss it.

Problem with Andrew is that he is rabidly right wing on-line and yet the best impartial political interviewer on TV.

I am gutted, it's my favourite programme. Anything format that makes Portillo sound engaging is genius.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
one of the better political programmes, on too late to keep up with lately, perhaps part of its appeal (caught guest at end of day after a sharpener?)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I'll miss it.

His railways programme made me think he might have made a half-decent minister of transport but that's as far as I'd go ....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
His railways programme made me think he might have made a half-decent minister of transport but that's as far as I'd go ....

p01pqqm9.jpg
portillo_train.jpg

portillo-lead_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQf98oAmGZYX8Vqbq2hlobTFc.jpg

Surely he'd have to get changed though :facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I'll miss it.

This. I saw your tweet cringing about it, and didn't understand what was so bad - at least I know now. :lolol:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The best political programme on TV, delivered using a touch of humour with eclectic guests from the non-political world. Terrible decision by the BBC to drop it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This. I saw your tweet cringing about it, and didn't understand what was so bad - at least I know now. :lolol:

It was so bad, it was good :)

It was always the light relief after the weekly teeth-grinding spackfest on QT. Now what will we have to close out Thursday evenings ? If they put some shithouse COOKERY show on, then I'll...I'll...

...I'll sigh, and go to bed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here