Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just because he hasnt had choice, doesnt make it a fallacy.
    It's a fallacy to call it a fallacy...

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      It wasn't all that long ago that Aaron Wan-Bissaka was a total unknown up the road, he got thrown in because of an injury crisis. He was nowhere. Marcus Rashford at Man Utd had never been in the squad, and then when there was literally nobody else, he got thrown in for a start in the Europa League and banged in a double. Then he started against Arsenal and hit a couple more. It doesn't take much for a young player to get themselves into the side and when given the chance, they might snatch it and force themselves into the frame.

Who is to say that Tudor Baluta won't break through this season as a natural partner/successor for Dale Stephens. Who is to say that Aaron Connolly won't get himself off the bench a few times and nab a goal or two? There are a number of young players who could take the opportunity, but we'll never know if they're never given the chance. I am confident we'll see more debuts this season, or more players going out on loan to Championship clubs as Ben White has done.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Superphil View Post
      With the exception of a centre forward and a right back................
      ................... and a centre midfield capable of bossing games in the PL and chipping in with a few goals ...............

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
      It’s a good point. Does TB want some of his money back now, wouldn’t blame him.

We are not investing in fees or wages to match our rivals. I really can’t see youth players filling in the gap at this stage.

West Ham have just spent £45m on one player, as they did last year - probably guaranteeing mid table or top half. We’re not in the league.

Our level is bottom six, and we’re already in a massive relegation scrap, whether we play youth or not.
      That's the spirit!

We haven't played one game yet and were already doomed. You are basing your doom-mongering on what? Our previous manager's reluctance to play young (er) guys, therefore they must all be no good and nowhere near ready for the Premier League?

As for West Ham spunking 45 million on one player-that philosophy worked well for Fulham didn't it? Besides, they have money, remember they have a virtually free stadium whose matchday costs are being met by us, the frigging taxpayers. If every club had that option they'd al be paying stupid money for players-including The Albion.
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.
      Members the right footed denilson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      ................... and a centre midfield capable of bossing games in the PL and chipping in with a few goals ...............
      Alzate
      How long? Not long
      Because what you reap, is what you sow.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the right footed denilson View Post
      Agreed.
      NEWSFLASH: Other teams pick players under the age of 23.
      I refuse to believe that.
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Palacefinder General View Post
      It's bloody common sense, hardly a revelatory post. How the frick it's already accrued 18 likes is quite something.
      You make it sound like there is an abundance of common sense on here and in the game.
      Standing in the park, I was wondering why a frisbee looks larger the closer it gets...then it hit me
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Palacefinder General View Post
      It's bloody common sense, hardly a revelatory post. How the frick it's already accrued 18 likes is quite something.
      Easy, we've been starved of proper football for WAY too many months now. Roll on the new season. Or at least the proper pre-season friendlies we can actually go and see and assess.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Not actually Dale Jasper Dale Jasper's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      It's one thing to bring 'youth players' through in the Swedish third division or whatever, quite another thing to try that out in the results-based cauldron of the PL. It's a crash-and-burn policy that would see him either hailed as a genius or out of work by the end of Autumn.
      Almost as if hughton didn’t play this crop of younguns because he didn’t think they were good enough.

But far be it from me to suggest gykoreres will never cut it at this level.
      “With all due respect to Brighton, who the **** are Brighton?” Troopz, Arsenal Fan TV

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the right footed denilson View Post
      Alzate
      Bless you!

Actually, like many people, I have high hopes for that young man, but I'd far rather he was introduced as a sidekick/apprentice/back-up to a dominant, game-controlling powerful midfielder than having to come in to try and be that person himself.