Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World Maps

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It seems similar to @TerribleMaps on Twitter.

A decent blend of, knowledge, trivia, silliness and dad jokes.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Who'd have thought America has the most guns in private ownership.

Interesting that the average IQ map was Europe only, no doubt America is too low to show

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
My favourite flag story is when we had overseas territories and they needed a new flag they would send in their design, we made them a flag and sent it back. When the Turks and Caicos islands in the Caribbean got their flag back they were surprised to see we had converted their pile of salt, a major income, into an igloo by putting a door in it! So many countries, so many flags who knew where they were!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
For such a small country its amazing we ruled so much of the world.

if you mean the one with how many countries we've "invaded", i think thats based on a very lose definition, probably only that military have been deployed there.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m a little concerned that in the map of ‘Historic and Present Distribution of Lions around the World’ that it has a question mark where Italy is. Now I visit Italy twice a year and I’d rather like to know if one of these dangerous beasts is likely to jump out on me whilst licking away on my tiramisu Gelato.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I’m a little concerned that in the map of ‘Historic and Present Distribution of Lions around the World’ that it has a question mark where Italy is. Now I visit Italy twice a year and I’d rather like to know if one of these dangerous beasts is likely to jump out on me whilst licking away on my tiramisu Gelato.

As far as I am aware all the lions have been removed from the Colosseum in Rome but keep a look out just in case a stray is still there.
I was recently in Sienna and Lucca and I did not see any.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Your talking about the pasta cooks that get irritated when aldente is ordered and then they are asked to cook the pasta a bit more.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Your talking about the pasta cooks that get irritated when aldente is ordered and then they are asked to cook the pasta a bit more, correct?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here