Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SollysLeftFoot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, let’s do a palace and immediately trigger all them match highest earner clauses and rack up an enormous wage bill.
    As an aside, I do hope our club NEVER signs contracts with highest earner clauses in them. An absolute recipe for disaster right there.

As for Llorente, he scored 8 goals in 20 appearances last season - a decent return and comfortably good enough to play at this club. But he doesn't feel like the kind of player we'd take if all he was looking for was one last lucrative pay day. We've taken on a few that on the face of it look very similar, but it seems to me that players like Bruno and Calde didn't come here solely for the money, they were here for the life experience and I think that is admirable. Wayne Bridge moved from another English club, but there were specific personal circumstances surrounding that, and anyway we only paid about a seventh of his wage, so there was no disruption caused to the squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.