Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fernando Llorente Free Agent

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Currently looking for a new club

Two year contract £100,000 a week

That’s less than we’ve paid for most of our recent signings before we’ve paid their wages

I know he’s 33 but he’s a proven scorer and would buy us time to build a team

It’s a yes from me

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
In theory, yes, but if we were to get relegated this season we would have to write in a relegation clause in his contract which I doubt he'd accept given it will be one of his last big paydays.

Looks as though Tottenham may offer him a contract if he fails to find a club in Spain which would be much more secure income for him.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Would he say yes to us? What’s he looking for? Final pay day, more playing time, move back to Spain?

He’s 34 so by the end we’ll be paying a 36 year old £100k a week. How will that sit with the rest of the squad?

Also aren’t Dunk and a few others rumoured to be on contracts which guarantee them parity with the top earner? The cost to us would therefore be huge.

Comparing wages to transfer fees doesn’t work as we presumably expect to sell for a profit (I know there’s a few where that looks unlikely).

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
4-4-2.

Murray and Llorente upfront. Oldest pairing in Football history.

Lumbering and physical is an understatement.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
If you don’t know the way TB operates by now you never will.

If you’re suggesting we never sign players near the end of their career then what about Murray, Bruno, Vicente, Sidwell, Rosenior, Upson and probably one or two others. I’m assuming at least a few of the list commanded pretty high wages as well.

Having said that I don’t expect us to sign Llorente.

Edit; and Zamora!!!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Average player and on much more than the rest of the squad. Can’t see why we wouldn’t want to do that.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
No way will we break the wage structure and pay 100k a week for an aging player.

Plus, like mentioned above, that would mean a few players having their wages matched.

We are not Palace and have a proper owner who is not about vanity.

See his best pals HF.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Would be a great signing. Would become a legend because he would definitely chip in 10-15 goals.

On a free and wages are high but because there is transfer fee it makes sense.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you’re suggesting we never sign players near the end of their career then what about Murray, Bruno, Vicente, Sidwell, Rosenior, Upson and probably one or two others. I’m assuming at least a few of the list commanded pretty high wages as well.

Having said that I don’t expect us to sign Llorente.

Edit; and Zamora!!!

Vincentealot aside all of whom slipped into the side without ego, quite probably grateful for the last hurrah and I imagine were paid accordingly.

Much like Tumble gotta love how someone out of work thinks they are in the driving seat when it comes to demands.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not the sort of business we would do .

On top of this expected wages prob way out our league and although we could afford we won’t pay to someone who’s mid 30s

Found this about spurs wages https://www.spotrac.com/epl/tottenham-hotspur-f.c/payroll/

No idea if true but interesting . If our top earner is 50k then we are not a million miles away . Expect we have plenty of 10ks as our base

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Currently looking for a new club

Two year contract £100,000 a week

That’s less than we’ve paid for most of our recent signings before we’ve paid their wages

I know he’s 33 but he’s a proven scorer and would buy us time to build a team

It’s a yes from me

dennis you're a menace:rolleyes:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Not my job, I'm not a scout. But breaking our current wage structure for a bit of an old donkey is, I trust, not a policy of TB.

My point being, if he's a "bit of a donkey" then honestly, the guys that you think are quality are not just going to break our wage structure, they are going to absolutely smash it to bits, and grind it into dust.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Or Llorente & Andone.
Now that would work

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He is certainly not good enough for us.

I am happy with Murray, andone and locadia as our forward line...stacks of goals in that line up.

AA34E14E-43A1-49D4-9AB5-7448415722BE.jpeg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here