Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion sign Man City starlet

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Bit strange at 18 we’ve only tied him down to a two year deal.

Clearly he’s not a development squad signing - the language used by Potter and Ashworth suggests they’ve already got one eye on him in the first team.

If the boy proves to be the real deal we could lose him on a free before he’s even turned 21.

Surely there must be an option to extend built into his contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They finished 8th in the U23 league we just finished 3rd in. We've got some pretty decent players already, many of whom are currently training with the first team.

Very good point.

Not against signing promising youngsters, but we have to ensure we improve at all levels.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Clearly he’s not a development squad signing - the language used by Potter and Ashworth suggests they’ve already got one eye on him in the first team.

If the boy proves to be the real deal we could lose him on a free before he’s even turned 21.

I'm sure we would be entitled to a fee still up until 23 i think

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Saturday's friendly and training are our only indicators. Alzate as a ACM (probably wouldn't have started if Yves had been back) and Sanders as a RB (out of position)- two positions most of us have assumed we're targeting for signings, suggests Potter has seen something in them, but who bloody knows? It's early days.
You'd think Baluta and Molumby have a chance. Alzate does have something about him (more than Molumby and Sanders IMHO).
Tomorrow's friendly will reveal more, Saturday's probably quite a bit more...

It's quite exciting.

Absolutely agree.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I likes the look of him.

Won't do Biss / Dave / Crabby any harm to know they've got a young BUCK potentially snapping at their heels.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

We are allowed to extend his contract mate

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Man city let him go. Cant be that good.

If City let him go, why would we need to pay £2.5m.
Please connect brain before posting.

By the looks of him he can see a pass, is very strong on the ball and has an eye for goal.
Welcome to the first team Taylor.

(If they're good enough they're old enough.)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Another U23 - wonderful. Now can we sign a decent striker please? Or maybe we need another central defender?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
ALBION SIGN MAN CITY AND ENGLAND STARLET

(once wanted by Inter, according to The Sun - yes, I know ...)

Brighton & Hove Albion have completed the signing of England 18-year-old attacking midfielder Taylor Richards from Manchester City on undisclosed terms.

Technical director Dan Ashworth said, “Taylor is an exciting young talent. He has already played for England at junior levels and pre-season will be a great opportunity for us to see his ability at first hand.

“He is keen to play senior football, so that is the first challenge for him – alongside the other group of younger players – with a longer-term aim to continue the progress he has already made with Manchester City.”

Londoner Richards began his professional career with Manchester City, and has also won three caps for England at under-17 level.

He started with City at under-18 level, and last season broke through as a regular in Paul Harsley’s under-23 squad, making 15 appearances in the Premier League 2, 5 in the UEFA Youth League and 4 appearances in the EFL Trophy – helping City to the quarter-finals.

Richards’ season stats – which also included matches in the FA Youth Cup – were an impressive 10 goals in 29 appearances across all competition

These are a good young talent.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm not dissing this signing in any way. Looks really exciting. Just amused at peoples assumptions he has more chance than our current players (presumably) because he has come from Citeh.

Nor am i - hope he’s brilliant and comes on with us - but realistically we have only a v few gaps for u23s, and given we want them to carry on their development it’s likely that many , if not most of our leading youngsters will be looking for loans in the next few weeks. The idea that Potter is going to blood anything more than 1-2 youngsters anywhere near the first team squad when he’s in still the market for an expensive experienced striker, a RB
To strengthen an already large adult squad is fanciful.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
They finished 8th in the U23 league we just finished 3rd in. We've got some pretty decent players already, many of whom are currently training with the first team.

Yeh, so there's a good chance young Taylor would have been in the team we beat 6-0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here