Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What If The Albion Were To Suffer Successive Relegations? What Would REMAIN?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'd go whatever division we dropped to. Was one of only a couple of thousand who trekked up to Gillingham for 2 years so wouldn'y be too fussed. Just because the club go through lean times from time to time I'd still support them - suspect at least 10,000 wouldn't.
A hardcore of 8000 and it’s always been that way.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It would be a role reversal of where we are now. Cannon fodder in the Premiership, to giant club dismantling minnows in that league.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Like myself those that remember the tasty aways are all over the hill now. Would be a load of old men going for it :lolol:

Well the last visit to any of those grounds was Lincoln in 2017 - and that is pretty much what went on, except it was Albion lads in late 20's exchanging pleasantries with the Lincoln olduns. Best away day of that season for me despite the result.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Purely hypothetical y'understand. Tho shite DOES sometimes happen for all the worst reasons despite all the best planning.

How would YOU see things panning out in such an eventuality?

Well? ???

The bottle top ban

Although barber would be off we would be reminded by the statue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I hate to admit it but after 50 years, I've always felt that us doing well means championship (div 2 in proper money). Div 1(div 3 in proper money) was always our place when I was a kid. If it meant an U23 based team competing at the top end with Bruno as manager and TB in charge?

I'd definitely go for that :thumbsup:

(But not just yet, please)

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
What If The Albion Were To Suffer Successive Relegations? What Would REMAIN?

Purely hypothetical y'understand. Tho shite DOES sometimes happen for all the worst reasons despite all the best planning.

Well? ???

I believe that the title of the thread was a subliminal attempt to start a Brexit debate which has clearly failed miserably. I likewise refuse to permit my subconscious from being manipulated by your duplicity.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Oh well, this thread has cheered me up no end. Back to the 1990s it is then. You never know with Toys R Us gone we might be able develop the old Goldstone to its former glory.
If we stay as a premier league team it would be a good spot to put a ground for the u23s and womens teams :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think Chris was a great success ! I just think he served his time. It wasn't the fact we were near the bottom. If you looked at him in say March- May , he was under great stress and suffering . He is a good man but it was time. The fact that we would suffer 2 hypothetical, relegation is irrelevant. I'm pleased for him he will have a break and enjoy not endure a fresh challenge. As for BHA they have made a lot of money and as long as they stay prudent going down, won't be a issue (it could well happen) but i believe we have got the infrastructure especially under 23's and younger lads to stand us in good stead, for a refreshing and hopefully exciting future. Because to be honest BHA is all i have. They make me happy keep me happy. And generally run my life, much to the annoyance of others around me. But once BHA always BHA, simple as that.

Sometime's you just have to let go. I've let go. But will always think back in fondness of what was achieved not just by Chris but from everyone at the club. I think he and we missed Colin Calderwood big time.

As a footnote my biggest fear is a load of corporate wankers taking over the club.

We did better after Colin Calderwood left than before. Villa didn't do so well with Calderwood there, in fact they did better when he left to become manager at Cambridge.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Smaller queues for beers at The Amex. Less families, gonks and day trippers. The NSK, vloggers and general studenty type fans will probably slip off as well. Getting away from the stadium post match will be easier. Better connection between the club and the fans - they will suddenly need us again and treat us with a bit more dignity.

Tasty away days to Lincoln, Southend, Peterborough, Pompey, Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers plus who ever else ends up in that div between now and 2021.

Don't get me wrong I want to stay in the Premier League as long as possible, but given the above I really wouldn't be fussed if we went back to League 1. It was fun before it will be fun next time.

This sounds good in theory, but, knowing that the crowd will be less, we will find that some parts of the ground will be closed, and thus the queues in the bars will not necessarily be shorter. Also, given the resultant lowering of income, we might find that the present railway shuttle from brighton to lewes and the enhanced service (yes, I know . . ) might well be a thing of the past, as the club would want to save the fee. I assume you will want Tony Bloom to continue incurring losses, or perhaps you are happy to pay extra (for a lower standard of football) to help him out. Yes, I see your last para but playing in league 1 will not be as rosey as it sounds.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Well? ???
See Bolton

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I think the financial gap between Premier clubs and those outside of it will continue to grow and, as a consequence, it will become increasingly difficult to get (back) in to the Premier and stay there. So having struggled to get there I’d prefer to stay there, but relegation wouldn’t be a disaster to those of us who’ve supported the club for years. It’s our club and we will always support it regardless of what division we’re in. As others have already said there are some things about the lower divisions that we miss, including that it was nice to start each season thinking you have a chance of winning the league!.........and maybe I could bring my flask again and park in Bennett’s field.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I was around for the last slide from the top division to the very bottom. It was very painful. Once a slide sets in it is very difficult to stop and turnaround. Further the football in Division One is nowhere near as good as the Premier League and will only be acceptable if the team wins and wins well.

On a further point it seems that TB expects the team to be above the bottom 3 and playing attractively. If this is not achieved by Christmas expect GP to be moved on. There is plenty of money about and coaches come and go until the right fit is found.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bit of a cheesehead thread. I'd still go...but...what if I was quadraplegic, suddenly? ??? And what if Palace were back to back champion's league winners? And if my mum had had a cock she'd be my dad. Fact.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What would remain? A nice stadium, great training ground and a reduced core of fans. That's it basically!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

Well? ???

it's been a long time since the sweaty scotch have got near winning anything at all.
is this why your'e so upset jock?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Annoying, but we’ve spent the majority of our existence in Div 3 (League 1), so would still be attending...

Perhaps less away games as they are mostly to northern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here