Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What If The Albion Were To Suffer Successive Relegations? What Would REMAIN?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
But you wouldn't understand that dropping two divisions in two seasons indicated that sacking CH was not a success?

I really don't think, BTW, that we will be in League 1 in 2021 - so whether we do better next season, or worse, we will never know whether we would have done better staying with CH or not. If, in the event, we did drop straight through the Championship to League 1 for 2021 though, I know which way my thoughts would go on the sacking of CH then!

I think Chris was a great success ! I just think he served his time. It wasn't the fact we were near the bottom. If you looked at him in say March- May , he was under great stress and suffering . He is a good man but it was time. The fact that we would suffer 2 hypothetical, relegation is irrelevant. I'm pleased for him he will have a break and enjoy not endure a fresh challenge. As for BHA they have made a lot of money and as long as they stay prudent going down, won't be a issue (it could well happen) but i believe we have got the infrastructure especially under 23's and younger lads to stand us in good stead, for a refreshing and hopefully exciting future. Because to be honest BHA is all i have. They make me happy keep me happy. And generally run my life, much to the annoyance of others around me. But once BHA always BHA, simple as that.

Sometime's you just have to let go. I've let go. But will always think back in fondness of what was achieved not just by Chris but from everyone at the club. I think he and we missed Colin Calderwood big time.

As a footnote my biggest fear is a load of corporate wankers taking over the club.

Last edited:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Barber, Ashworth, Potter & team gone. Bruno/Liam Rosenior management team, playing a top drawer under-23 team every week, smashing the league. Sounds good, but prefer us to stay up !!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
I think an awful lot of people would loose their jobs and there would be huge cut backs on expenditure! Doesn't bear thinking about really!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
But you wouldn't understand that dropping two divisions in two seasons indicated that sacking CH was not a success?

I really don't think, BTW, that we will be in League 1 in 2021 - so whether we do better next season, or worse, we will never know whether we would have done better staying with CH or not. If, in the event, we did drop straight through the Championship to League 1 for 2021 though, I know which way my thoughts would go on the sacking of CH then!

Conversely maybe the sacking of Chris Hughton was right, but the appointment of Potter wasn't!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Once I'd got over the initial shock and obviously horrendous run of games, I think I'd quite enjoy being back in League One. Would feel like a ridiculous stadium for that level, but it would be nice for nostalgia's sake to have a little pop back down there, see how everyone's getting on.

As long as we came back up sharpish, obviously. :dunce:

You make it sound like you're off to see the grandparents :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You make it sound like you're off to see the grandparents :lolol:

Yeah, I think that's how it would feel.

"Sorry, I know I should visit more, just yknow, got a lot on...being in the Prem and all..."

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Wouldn't need to worry about how many loyalty points I've got to go to an away game!

Top of League One as on the bounce back, winning games week after week and scoring goals for fun, and faced with much lower away allocations due to far smaller ground capacities and no POTG due to local police requirements you will probably be in panic mode to see if you are in the upper tier for the scramble for tickets.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'd go whatever division we dropped to. Was one of only a couple of thousand who trekked up to Gillingham for 2 years so wouldn'y be too fussed. Just because the club go through lean times from time to time I'd still support them - suspect at least 10,000 wouldn't.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Smaller queues for beers at The Amex. Less families, gonks and day trippers. The NSK, vloggers and general studenty type fans will probably slip off as well. Getting away from the stadium post match will be easier. Better connection between the club and the fans - they will suddenly need us again and treat us with a bit more dignity.

Tasty away days to Lincoln, Southend, Peterborough, Pompey, Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers plus who ever else ends up in that div between now and 2021.

Don't get me wrong I want to stay in the Premier League as long as possible, but given the above I really wouldn't be fussed if we went back to League 1. It was fun before it will be fun next time.
Like myself those that remember the tasty aways are all over the hill now. Would be a load of old men going for it :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here