Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What If The Albion Were To Suffer Successive Relegations? What Would REMAIN?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Purely hypothetical y'understand. Tho shite DOES sometimes happen for all the worst reasons despite all the best planning.

How would YOU see things panning out in such an eventuality?

Well? ???

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I would say that we would still retain 15k season ticket holders. There would be a lot of finger pointing asking why we sacked CH.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Purely hypothetical y'understand. Tho shite DOES sometimes happen for all the worst reasons despite all the best planning.

Well? ???

well, the bar would stay open so no need to watch the match at all :)
(joke)

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I would say that we would still retain 15k season ticket holders. There would be a lot of finger pointing asking why we sacked CH.

No, I wouldn't be asking why we sacked Chris H. I get that bit,and i was a fan but, even I understand that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Once I'd got over the initial shock and obviously horrendous run of games, I think I'd quite enjoy being back in League One. Would feel like a ridiculous stadium for that level, but it would be nice for nostalgia's sake to have a little pop back down there, see how everyone's getting on.

As long as we came back up sharpish, obviously. :dunce:

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Smaller queues for beers at The Amex. Less families, gonks and day trippers. The NSK, vloggers and general studenty type fans will probably slip off as well. Getting away from the stadium post match will be easier. Better connection between the club and the fans - they will suddenly need us again and treat us with a bit more dignity.

Tasty away days to Lincoln, Southend, Peterborough, Pompey, Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers plus who ever else ends up in that div between now and 2021.

Don't get me wrong I want to stay in the Premier League as long as possible, but given the above I really wouldn't be fussed if we went back to League 1. It was fun before it will be fun next time.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Once I'd got over the initial shock and obviously horrendous run of games, I think I'd quite enjoy being back in League One. Would feel like a ridiculous stadium for that level, but it would be nice for nostalgia's sake to have a little pop back down there, see how everyone's getting on.

As long as we came back up sharpish, obviously. :dunce:

I can't help feel the same, but the coming back part is what would be the unlikely part of it all. So im out.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

No idea about the STHs, but the second part of that is spot on!

It would be exciting to see the likes of Sanchez, White, Cox, Alzate, Cochrane, Sanders, Molumbey, Gyokeres, Baluta, Tau, MacAllister, Connelly and co. ripping League 1 a new one though.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Smaller queues for beers at The Amex. Less families, gonks and day trippers. The NSK, vloggers and general studenty type fans will probably slip off as well. Getting away from the stadium post match will be easier. Better connection between the club and the fans - they will suddenly need us again and treat us with a bit more dignity.

Tasty away days to Lincoln, Southend, Peterborough, Pompey, Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers plus who ever else ends up in that div between now and 2021.

Don't get me wrong I want to stay in the Premier League as long as possible, but given the above I really wouldn't be fussed if we went back to League 1. It was fun before it will be fun next time.

This is all assuming TB would still want to cover the massive losses we would incur.
Hope we keep all the U23s as they would have to become first team players once all the current squad had been sold. Then what chance of promotion? Doesn't bear thinking about from where I sit but then again, I don't go to more than a couple of games a season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, I wouldn't be asking why we sacked Chris H. I get that bit,and i was a fan but, even I understand that.

But you wouldn't understand that dropping two divisions in two seasons indicated that sacking CH was not a success?

I really don't think, BTW, that we will be in League 1 in 2021 - so whether we do better next season, or worse, we will never know whether we would have done better staying with CH or not. If, in the event, we did drop straight through the Championship to League 1 for 2021 though, I know which way my thoughts would go on the sacking of CH then!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think we'd do a lot better than this. Though the actual attendances during the second half of the season in the Championship would plummet, we'd retain decent season ticket sales in the expectation of swift promotion

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Fans of all the clubs that we've played against for decades but sneered at online in the last couple of years will properly hate our guts....and quite rightly.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Well? ???

Hissy fits and people voting with their feet judging by last years comments on here.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
We’d be able to bang on about how we’re a MASSIVE club, and the PL is where we belong, and why can’t the rest of the world see that?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here