Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

What If The Albion Were To Suffer Successive Relegations? What Would REMAIN?

0 Not allowed!
    Purely hypothetical y'understand. Tho shite DOES sometimes happen for all the worst reasons despite all the best planning.

How would YOU see things panning out in such an eventuality?

Well?
    Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

8 Not allowed!
      I would say that we would still retain 15k season ticket holders. There would be a lot of finger pointing asking why we sacked CH.
      Lets all do the conga
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Purely hypothetical y'understand. Tho shite DOES sometimes happen for all the worst reasons despite all the best planning.

How would YOU see things panning out in such an eventuality?

Well?
      well, the bar would stay open so no need to watch the match at all
      (joke)

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pishhead View Post
      I would say that we would still retain 15k season ticket holders. There would be a lot of finger pointing asking why we sacked CH.
      No, I wouldn't be asking why we sacked Chris H. I get that bit,and i was a fan but, even I understand that.

4 Not allowed!
      We'd do a Villa and close the WSU and ESU.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

12 Not allowed!
      Once I'd got over the initial shock and obviously horrendous run of games, I think I'd quite enjoy being back in League One. Would feel like a ridiculous stadium for that level, but it would be nice for nostalgia's sake to have a little pop back down there, see how everyone's getting on.

As long as we came back up sharpish, obviously.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

30 Not allowed!
      Smaller queues for beers at The Amex. Less families, gonks and day trippers. The NSK, vloggers and general studenty type fans will probably slip off as well. Getting away from the stadium post match will be easier. Better connection between the club and the fans - they will suddenly need us again and treat us with a bit more dignity.

Tasty away days to Lincoln, Southend, Peterborough, Pompey, Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers plus who ever else ends up in that div between now and 2021.

Don't get me wrong I want to stay in the Premier League as long as possible, but given the above I really wouldn't be fussed if we went back to League 1. It was fun before it will be fun next time.
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellotron View Post
      Once I'd got over the initial shock and obviously horrendous run of games, I think I'd quite enjoy being back in League One. Would feel like a ridiculous stadium for that level, but it would be nice for nostalgia's sake to have a little pop back down there, see how everyone's getting on.

As long as we came back up sharpish, obviously.
      I can't help feel the same, but the coming back part is what would be the unlikely part of it all. So im out.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pishhead View Post
      No idea about the STHs, but the second part of that is spot on!

It would be exciting to see the likes of Sanchez, White, Cox, Alzate, Cochrane, Sanders, Molumbey, Gyokeres, Baluta, Tau, MacAllister, Connelly and co. ripping League 1 a new one though.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Kid Frankie View Post
      Smaller queues for beers at The Amex. Less families, gonks and day trippers. The NSK, vloggers and general studenty type fans will probably slip off as well. Getting away from the stadium post match will be easier. Better connection between the club and the fans - they will suddenly need us again and treat us with a bit more dignity.

Tasty away days to Lincoln, Southend, Peterborough, Pompey, Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers plus who ever else ends up in that div between now and 2021.

Don't get me wrong I want to stay in the Premier League as long as possible, but given the above I really wouldn't be fussed if we went back to League 1. It was fun before it will be fun next time.
      This is all assuming TB would still want to cover the massive losses we would incur.
      Hope we keep all the U23s as they would have to become first team players once all the current squad had been sold. Then what chance of promotion? Doesn't bear thinking about from where I sit but then again, I don't go to more than a couple of games a season.
      My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger.

My definition of a sad git is any Palarse fan who has posted more than 100 times on NSC.