Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Squad and who are they?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's not about excusing Trump. I just want to understand the previous history that led up to the Twitter handbags. I haven't had time to look into the other 3 yet but I am sure they have all been less than charming to Trump.

Her inflammatory comments are not even permitted to be reported on NSC, let alone UK media and the BBC. This was moved to Other Stuff within my 5 mins of posting.

Listen to this podcast if you are interested in a little more of what led up to the spat

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=a...0NXNLd3BUNlgtUGNRYlpUU3hleU0&at=1563462178886

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Her inflammatory comments are not even permitted to be reported on NSC, let alone UK media and the BBC. This was moved to Other Stuff within my 5 mins of posting.

Who would be at all surprised to know that they were reported on the BBC? Who would be surprised to know that their coverage explained the facts and what both sides were complaining about rather than choosing to make an attack on either side?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47923753

There is a difference between news reporting and news entertainment. Enjoy Fox if you like, but don't pretend that its doing the same job as news outlets.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Listen to this podcast if you are interested in a little more of what led up to the spat

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=a...0NXNLd3BUNlgtUGNRYlpUU3hleU0&at=1563462178886

So basically I can hear that it was Nancy Pelosi, a Democrat, who first highlighted these four women "of colour" and named them The Squad within her own party and basically accused them of being troublemakers, which could also, according to the podacast, be considered as racially motivated in itself.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Who would be at all surprised to know that they were reported on the BBC? Who would be surprised to know that their coverage explained the facts and what both sides were complaining about rather than choosing to make an attack on either side?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47923753

There is a difference between news reporting and news entertainment. Enjoy Fox if you like, but don't pretend that its doing the same job as news outlets.

Don't watch BBC these days, just Channel 4 and Al Jazeera. However the news channel doesn't change what the person in question says believe it or not? and I could have found similar clips but for using the first ones in the search.

I am not here to tailor my posts to suit certain individuals. You get what you are given.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Don't watch BBC these days, just Channel 4 and Al Jazeera. However the news channel doesn't change what the person in question says believe it or not? and I could have found similar clips but for using the first ones in the search.

I am not here to tailor my posts to suit certain individuals. You get what you are given.

Amazing that you don't watch the BBC, but claim to know what it is permitted to report on. You get what you are given. Ask yourself who is giving it to you and why they are giving this and not something else.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Amazing that you don't watch the BBC, but claim to know what it is permitted to report on. You get what you are given. Ask yourself who is giving it to you and why they are giving this and not something else.

Idiot. I am only going to give you an example of what someone was videoed saying exactly. I don't give a monkeys smelly arse if a particular clip is not from your favourite channel. Grow up.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Idiot. I am only going to give you an example of what someone was videoed saying exactly. I don't give a monkeys smelly arse if a particular clip is not from your favourite channel. Grow up.

Insults and rudeness don't hide the fact that you haven't understood my criticism. There is no need to get cross. It's not my fault that nobody was interested in the outrage that you tried to stir up.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Insults and rudeness don't hide the fact that you haven't understood my criticism. There is no need to get cross. It's not my fault that nobody was interested in the outrage that you tried to stir up.

Your criticism is that I don't watch the BBC news? Hahahaha, The only outrage is from the Trumpaphobics who do not listen to other peoples opinions like the person in the video I just posted.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So basically I can hear that it was Nancy Pelosi, a Democrat, who first highlighted these four women "of colour" and named them The Squad within her own party and basically accused them of being troublemakers, which could also, according to the podacast, be considered as racially motivated in itself.

Hmmm...and the rest ...there is a heck of a lot more that refers to why Trump got involved which was your query ..you seemed to have admitted that ..or really you weren’t bothered anyway ..anyway i’m moving on..enjoy your thread

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hmmm...and the rest ...there is a heck of a lot more that refers to why Trump got involved which was your query ..you seemed to have admitted that ..or really you weren’t bothered anyway ..anyway i’m moving on..enjoy your thread

All it tells me is something that is already very well understood. Politics is a dirty game and this is nothing more than handbags and blown out of all proportion with people playing the race card including The Squad. You too should learn something and listen to what the American was saying in the video I posted.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I am giving you an instruction to educate yourself on other peoples opinions. Watch or stay wilfully ignorant.

Okay, it looks like I'll have to explain it:

Fox News is a business. It has made billions by selling fear. It does this by finding people who will say the things that will make their audience scared or outraged, pointing cameras at them and asking loaded questions. They then say things that confirm the viewers worst fears and prejudices. The world is a scary place. The immigrants are not like us, they are our enemies. We better be aware or they will get us. How can we be aware? Watch Fox News. Oh, the world is a scary place. Repeat ad nauseum.

I've watched it occasionally and, like Jerry Springer, it has a certain perverse attraction. However. It is not news. It is not created to inform. It has an obvious agenda. Now the latter is true of journalism too, and whenever we read it, or watch it, we should be asking ourselves 'Why has this been created?' 'Who made it?' 'How do they expect/want me to react?' However, those who have asked themselves these questions and come up with different answers to yours are not sheeple, or 'idiot(s)', they are merely people with different views.

Nobody in the mainstream media is conspiring to keep secrets from us. The clue is in the word 'mainstream'. If they think that a lot of people will be interested, they will report it. Pretending that a point of view is banned or suppressed in a capitalist media industry is transparently dishonest. Fox can sell it, Breitbart can sell it, so they do. This doesn't mean that other outlets can or want to sell it, or that it's important, of interest to the general public, or actually true.

My criticism was that you suggested that people are not interested because it's not 'permitted to be reported' when this wasn't true. It had been reported. You just hadn't noticed the reporting, presumably because you didn't think it mattered until Fox set the new agenda.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
All it tells me is something that is already very well understood. Politics is a dirty game and this is nothing more than handbags and blown out of all proportion with people playing the race card including The Squad. You too should learn something and listen to what the American was saying in the video I posted.

Erm I wasn’t the one who was asking...so i think i’ll pass on that invite ta very much

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Perfectly understandable when you know that the OP is someone who gives credence to the Sandy Hook conspiracy theory. Utter tool.

and believes in perpetual motion engines.......
who knew?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here