Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Squad and who are they?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Okay, it looks like I'll have to explain it:

Fox News is a business. It has made billions by selling fear. It does this by finding people who will say the things that will make their audience scared or outraged, pointing cameras at them and asking loaded questions. They then say things that confirm the viewers worst fears and prejudices. The world is a scary place. The immigrants are not like us, they are our enemies. We better be aware or they will get us. How can we be aware? Watch Fox News. Oh, the world is a scary place. Repeat ad nauseum.

I've watched it occasionally and, like Jerry Springer, it has a certain perverse attraction. However. It is not news. It is not created to inform. It has an obvious agenda. Now the latter is true of journalism too, and whenever we read it, or watch it, we should be asking ourselves 'Why has this been created?' 'Who made it?' 'How do they expect/want me to react?' However, those who have asked themselves these questions and come up with different answers to yours are not sheeple, or 'idiot(s)', they are merely people with different views.

Nobody in the mainstream media is conspiring to keep secrets from us. The clue is in the word 'mainstream'. If they think that a lot of people will be interested, they will report it. Pretending that a point of view is banned or suppressed in a capitalist media industry is transparently dishonest. Fox can sell it, Breitbart can sell it, so they do. This doesn't mean that other outlets can or want to sell it, or that it's important, of interest to the general public, or actually true.

My criticism was that you suggested that people are not interested because it's not 'permitted to be reported' when this wasn't true. It had been reported. You just hadn't noticed the reporting, presumably because you didn't think it mattered until Fox set the new agenda.

Don't waste your time with a stupid straw man argument in book form. This has nothing to do with Fox News and I do not even watch it. This is only about the clip of what the person says and has nothing to do with the presentation at the news desk. Unless you want to switch the argument to Fox News, go off on a tangent and write another book about a news channel you shouldn't bother.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Perfectly understandable when you know that the OP is someone who gives credence to the Sandy Hook conspiracy theory. Utter tool.

And I stand by the fact that Robbie Parker went from a bundle of laughs and joking with others before building himself up to look and sound upset. Whether it happened or not you cannot deny that he was showing unusual behaviour unless your head is up your arse.

https://youtu.be/m6b6qPxAvY4

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Don't waste your time with a stupid straw man argument in book form. This has nothing to do with Fox News and I do not even watch it. This is only about the clip of what the person says and has nothing to do with the presentation at the news desk. Unless you want to switch the argument to Fox News, go off on a tangent and write another book about a news channel you shouldn't bother.

If it was too much for you to read, just concentrate on this bit:

My criticism was that you suggested that people are not interested because it's not 'permitted to be reported' when this wasn't true. It had been reported.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If it was too much for you to read, just concentrate on this bit:

My criticism was that you suggested that people are not interested because it's not 'permitted to be reported' when this wasn't true. It had been reported.

??? Now if you go and check what I really said you will find that, after my thread was moved, I said "Her inflammatory comments are not even permitted to be reported on NSC"

You are just making shit up. What is wrong with you people ???

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It's not about excusing Trump. I just want to understand the previous history that led up to the Twitter handbags. I haven't had time to look into the other 3 yet but I am sure they have all been less than charming to Trump.

Her inflammatory comments are not even permitted to be reported on NSC, let alone UK media and the BBC. This was moved to Other Stuff within my 5 mins of posting.

Do you think that evidence doesn't exist if you don't want it to, or are you under the impression that people can't read?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
And I stand by the fact that Robbie Parker went from a bundle of laughs and joking with others before building himself up to look and sound upset. Whether it happened or not you cannot deny that he was showing unusual behaviour unless your head is up your arse.

https://youtu.be/m6b6qPxAvY4

I hate Alex Jones because he is always crying wolf but regarding Sandy Hook's Robbie Parker, father of a girl who was apparently killed, he didn't look like a man who had just lost his daughter. When speaking to the public he went from laughing to preparing himself for upset mode.

https://youtu.be/7GO1jRnmh68

Very strange behaviour for a person who had just lost his 6 year old daughter and would have only just had to identify her body not long before.

I can't explain his reaction, can you?

No I have never experienced the murder of a 6 year old daughter tbh. Yes people put on brave faces and crumble when speaking but he was very jolly and had to uncompose himself.

Let us not forget that this was at a time when Obama was trying to push through the gun laws, and if an event like this worked for it, it would have been a goodn thing. I am more inclined to believe that it was possibly set up for good intentions and that no child died.

As I said, giving credence to the Sandy Hook conspiracy.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
??? Now if you go and check what I really said you will find that, after my thread was moved, I said "Her inflammatory comments are not even permitted to be reported on NSC"

You are just making shit up. What is wrong with you people ???

Once again you are ignoring that the comments are on NSC. The reason why they were moved (and it wasn't me that did it) it that you are an alt-right troll and whoever moved the thread is fed up with your attempts to turn NSC into a shrine for Hopkins/Yaxley-Lennon and other bigoted click bait harvesters.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Once again you are ignoring that the comments are on NSC. The reason why they were moved (and it wasn't me that did it) it that you are an alt-right troll and whoever moved the thread is fed up with your attempts to turn NSC into a shrine for Hopkins/Yaxley-Lennon and other bigoted click bait harvesters.

Ah I see you have labelled me as a alt-right troll? As childish and as cheap as you sound in a put down at least you are being honest with your bias against me even if you are very much mistaken. Making NSC a shrine for Stephen Lennon Yaxley ??? All criticism of Islam and the terror it has spread across the world on here is forbidden? and you are worried about Robinson and Hopkins and labelling me as an alt right troll ffs. :lolol:

Anyway just to get this straight; Trumpaphobia is the only political position allowed on this site and anyone questioning it is a racist Nazi?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here