Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] 148th Open Championship - Royal Portrush

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Radio reporting that David Duval has played 10 on the 7th and is still only half way up the hole.

Edit: The commentator has asked the scorer for their match and they have lost count!

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
McIlroy takes 7 on the 18th to finish the round on +8 and maybe looking at having his feet up on Saturday and Sunday

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Gutted for Rory and the golfing family.

:nono:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Rory and Tiger both likely to have the weekend off. A disappointing finish from Rahm who lost the plot with his approach shots in the last four or five holes. Still a wide open Open, lovely.

Looks a great track.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Radio reporting that David Duval has played 10 on the 7th and is still only half way up the hole.

Edit: The commentator has asked the scorer for their match and they have lost count!

It's not often you see a pro golfer standing on the green saying, 3 off the tee, four into the rough, 5 out to side bunker and 3 putts.
Sod it just put me down for a 10.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You may be interested to note that this is the one only post that I will make as Golf and the tournaments is one sport I have no interest in at all. So this will be BG free. When a publican I bought a set of clubs to be in the circle and tried it but it bored me to tears.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
You may be interested to note that this is the one only post that I will make as Golf and the tournaments is one sport I have no interest in at all. So this will be BG free. When a publican I bought a set of clubs to be in the circle and tried it but it bored me to tears.

You should have tried playing on a course, playing in a circle would have pissed me off too

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Plenty more big names probably quietly sloping off for the weekend today, is it worth Duval coming back for a second round ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Did you stuck in the windmill or clown's mouth ?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
John Rahm having a bit of a mare on the 2nd... putt from off the green, ends up rolling back past him and further away from the hole, then he thins the chip through the green and even further away from the hole... cards a double bogey 7 :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here