Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Most mournful, depressing music of all time (it had to be sometime)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ironically some of the songs on his posthumous album were pretty upbeat, being fairly clean helped...well, til the suicide anyway.

'Fairly clean'? His biography charts a long descent into a cocktail of drugs, punctuated by occasional attempts to dig himself out of this. The last song on that album, A Distorted Reality is a Necessity to be Free (which is one of the finest around), has the wonderful line: "My momma says stay clean, there's no in between". It was obviously on his mind.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
'Fairly clean'? His biography charts a long descent into a cocktail of drugs, punctuated by occasional attempts to dig himself out of this. The last song on that album, A Distorted Reality is a Necessity to be Free (which is one of the finest around), has the wonderful line: "My momma says stay clean, there's no in between". It was obviously on his mind.

Oh, i don't deny that it was on his mind - i would be surprised if things weren't. He was clean of alcohol and at the time of his death, didn't have any levels of any narcotics in his system, so compared that to the times he could barely make it through his gigs i'd say he was fairly clean :wink:

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Max Richter - Sarajevo

https://youtu.be/ZTvhR0lEtZM

An orchestral piece inspired by the siege of Sarajevo and two lovers, one a Muslim, the other a Christian. Known as the Romeo and Juliet of Sarajevo, they were gunned down by snipers while trying to flee the city. Their bodies lay intertwined for six days.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I Salute you Christopher (an Ode to Christopher Hitchens) by IMAX

Former Sneaker Pimp Chris Corner had a bit of an obsession with Hitchens work and penned this mournful but beautiful piece. Stunning poetic lyrics too.

...Console yourselves
That a scientific death is better than a fairy tale
Of the eternal life

Control yourselves
Because the man in the sky is a tyrant and a lonely psychopath
Dreamed up to steal your minds...

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
This can't go into a 7th page without Joy Division either...

Oh, I find Atmosphere quite uplifting!

Depressing ....

The Radiohead song about someone jumping off a tall building (not posting it as don't want to hear it)

That song about 'Going Over to Susan's House' .... ??????

Sinead O Connor wailing 'Nothing Compares 2U'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here