Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Charles Austin

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Has serious joint problems I believe? That was why he went to Saints for so little having done well at QPR . I would think he would be towards the bottom of any list. No resell, over 30 and with a history of injuries. I wouldn't go anywhere near £8m personally. That said as a squad player we could and already have done worse...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Does he meet the 'no dick heads' criteria, though? He always looks to me like the sort of bloke you wouldn't leave alone with your wife, daughter (or granny) for more than 5 minutes.

Definitely doesn't meet the no dickheads rule.

Fails the *no dickheads* rule.

Talking about him with Saints fans last season, the most frequent words used were lazy, arrogant and divisive/disruptive.

Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not our sort of player and not much different to Murray. No we shouldn't and no we won't.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Is this a take over of family members who are STH and think he is shitehouse?

No, it's wider than that. I don't think he is popular. There's no major outcry about him being ditched. In fact it is he who is not happy about being made to train with the under 23s because he is not in future plans..... which rather proves the point - about the arrogance bit at least.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Proven goal score yes, but more break downs than DJ breakdown.
No ta.

My sentiments too. The new what's his face during our Withdean years who we signed and just never got going? Paul? Keith? Blimey, by memory's going...former Newcastle target man and PL star. Help me out here AR...?!!!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So Southampton are a side who have similar expectations to us for them coming season and they are offloading him. Why? Their new manager wants them playing a high tempo and pressing. This starts from the front.

Potter has a reputation for something similar, so I can't see us signing him. I imagine Hughton would have snapped him up as a successor to Murray (notwithstanding any issues about the guys personality, which I have no idea about and i'm guessing most on here have no ideas about either).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Talking about him with Saints fans last season, the most frequent words used were lazy, arrogant and divisive/disruptive.

Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

I have a good mate who works for Saints, who reckons he is second only to Bertrand in the club utter dickheads list.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Has serious joint problems I believe? That was why he went to Saints for so little having done well at QPR . I would think he would be towards the bottom of any list. No resell, over 30 and with a history of injuries. I wouldn't go anywhere near £8m personally. That said as a squad player we could and already have done worse...

That's why he will go to Palace or any other aspirational Championship team.

TNBA

TTF

New Seagull

Sep 27, 2015
Decent player but will not improve our team so definitely a no.
If potter can get andone & Locadia playing at their full potential then we have better quality than Austin

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here