Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things you used to be able to do before "Health & Safety" took over

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
In view of this poor chap who stuck his head out of a window on a train ...... and lost it.

As per title, things that you used to be able to do before "Health & Safety" took over - in lots of ways rightly so but in others just some common sense is surely enough??!

Me, I'm amazed when I first flew you could smoke a fag at the back of a plane. Crazy! (both as a fire risk and for secondary smoking).

And I used to damn love that microwave popcorn that also came with a slab of toffee to melt in the bag. I guess some div killed themselves with it and it was withdrawn.

You?

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)
Breakfast was so much better when you could get a box of cereal with a toy in. (RIP all those who choked on bright purple Boglins and plastic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which looked just enough like a cornflake that you couldn't possibly notice it on your spoon)

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
How about not wearing car seat belts? Then you had to wear them in the front but not the back for a while!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Buy chemistry sets with mercury in an openable tube.
Buy leaded petrol.
Chop your fingers off in slam door train carriages.
Eat food prepared by BR.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
May I be the first to get in a cheap jibe about flasks?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
DeTwLrGXUAEjkuz.jpg

Slides in 70's/80's and some eastern european playgrounds.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Go out all day on your bike as an 8 year old, and come home when the streetlights came on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Buy a packet of peanuts without a warning. “May contain nuts”

Buy a packet of crisps knowing it was 99% potato, today you buy Pringles with 42% Potato !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I picked up a box once, and didn't even bend my knees. And another time, I stood at the front of the bus and spoke to the driver...WHILE HE WAS DRIVING.

Crazy days.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Throw aerosol cans on an open fire, get killed while playing on building sites, have Air Bomb firework duels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here