Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Missing Loyalty Points

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Last season me and my son went to the same amount of game as each other ( Both home and away ) but this season our loyalty points are different. I have 257 and my son has 241 which has caused an issue today when I went to purchase Watford tickets as my son was 4 points short!
I have looked back at the purchase history and I can see where the problem is. Last season, when I purchased FA cup tickets for Derby and WBA I didn’t allocate the tickets to the individual owners, which is why his points are short. I have missed out on going to Watford and this will mess up the rest of the season. I am aware that this was an issue for many fans when purchasing FA Cup Semi tickets last season and I was wondering if anyone on here was affected, and if so, how the club helped out?

I have contacted the club but they tell me that points can't be retrospectively assigned, which I don't believe. They would soon take them back if they found a ticket holder didn't attend the game!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I looked at my points last night, based on another thread on here...

In the "statement" of the points I noticed I seem to have received 15 points for my son, for the West Bromwich cup game where, presumably, I used my account to buy tickets for us both, but I DID allocate the ticket to him.

More recently, I've also had some 8 points taken away, in his name - "2019/2020 Rollover ST", in addition to those I've lost in my own name.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
this will mess up the rest of the season.

Really? Overplaying the situation a tad I would suggest.

There are still over 700 City tickets available therefore you are unlikely to encounter any problems getting a ticket for yourself and your son tomorrow sitting together and 15 points each for the game.

Given the 'error' occurred back in January/February you must have been aware of the points difference between yourself and your son for games later in the season, and the time to query would have been at that time.

Unfortunate for Watford as sold out at tier 2, but attend a couple of away game at the start of the season and you will soon be back in the same tier for future games..

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's your fault.....I've forgotten to assign a couple of times too so my lad is missing a few. Too bad.........

It won't mess up the rest of the season - bit unfortunate it's Watford first (smaller allocation so higher thresholds) but possibly Bournemouth aside I doubt it'll make any difference at all (and even with Bournemouth it probably won't as you'll still both be in the same tier anyway). If it's going to mess up the rest of the season, why didn't it mess up the rest of last season too where the impact would have actually been greater than it is now ?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Silly question, but why do we get points removed for a "rollover"?

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Really? Overplaying the situation a tad I would suggest.

There are still over 700 City tickets available therefore you are unlikely to encounter any problems getting a ticket for yourself and your son tomorrow sitting together and 15 points each for the game.

Given the 'error' occurred back in January/February you must have been aware of the points difference between yourself and your son for games later in the season, and the time to query would have been at that time.

Unfortunate for Watford as sold out at tier 2, but attend a couple of away game at the start of the season and you will soon be back in the same tier for future games..
Not doing City again, did that last season. Going to be tricky to get his points up and as the season progresses, the points required will only get higher.

We had plenty of points throughout the year to attend all games so no, didn't notice allocation till this morning as I assumed we would have the same.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not doing City again, did that last season. Going to be tricky to get his points up and as the season progresses, the points required will only get higher.

We had plenty of points throughout the year to attend all games so no, didn't notice allocation till this morning as I assumed we would have the same.

Loads of away games will go to tier 3 anyway won't they ? If you had plenty to attend last season then you will this season - why would it be any different ? You've got proportionally the same as you had relative to everyone else at the end of last season.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Loads of away games will go to tier 3 anyway won't they ? If you had plenty to attend last season then you will this season - why would it be any different ? You've got proportionally the same as you had relative to everyone else at the end of last season.
Yeah I know and maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal but it's just bloody annoying he will miss out by 4 points.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Unlikely, at least for me. I only ever buy tickets from my account, which doesn't show the loyalty points for the other people I am buying for.

The only reason you would have to query points held is if you believed that someone had enough points but your attempted purchase would not go through due to that person falling short of the required number.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Unlikely, at least for me. I only ever buy tickets from my account, which doesn't show the loyalty points for the other people I am buying for.

The only reason you would have to query points held is if you believed that someone had enough points but your attempted purchase would not go through due to that person falling short of the required number.

Since the start of last season I have used a spreadsheet to track mine and the others in our group, so if there is a discrepancy I email Paul B immediately and he tells me why I am wrong with graphs and stuff. So far its not happened though, always spot on.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Since the start of last season I have used a spreadsheet to track mine and the others in our group, so if there is a discrepancy I email Paul B immediately and he tells me why I am wrong with graphs and stuff. So far its not happened though, always spot on.

I'm not sure if this is 100% serious or comic genius.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

You could point out to PB that the worked example in the club’s LP PDF shows them rounding up the starting balance for a new season to the next whole number, but that in reality they rounded down.

I’m sure he’d be delighted to explain in great length why that is.

It means you’ll have to change the function in one of your cells from @ROUND to @ROUNDDOWN

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here