Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huddersfield kit

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
People getting so worked up about this....

I think it's good that a sponsor is doing something a bit more creative. The marketing dirge that comes out of our club is the same as pretty much every other club. Hastags and 'together' spring to mind.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
You are keen to stick up for what is clearly very cringeworthy in most people's minds, but pick on a couple of relatively small things regarding our club. Are you ever going to say something positive about the Albion?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Why is it clever? Just because someone’s caught media’s attention for being a cock doesn’t make them smart or add value to their ‘brand’. Majority of people will raise an eyebrow, think of a 4 letter word and move on. If that nano second of derogatory thought is deemed marketing genius then I really don’t understand why. It’s just embarrassing isn’t it? Btw, you’re not allowed to reply with there’s no such thing as bad publicity etc because clearly there is! :)

I never meant any of this was good for Huddersfield the football club I just meant it was clever advertising by Paddy Power who have clearly used Town as their stooge

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I never meant any of this was good for Huddersfield the football club I just meant it was clever advertising by Paddy Power who have clearly used Town as their stooge

I’m surprised the Players have agreed to wear it, even for an advertising jape.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
FFS, it’s a massive PR stunt. The club and PP would absolutely know it wouldn’t be allowed (shirt regs are crystal clear and the EPL ‘brand’ is sacrosanct to them) but are taking a punt on not being too slammed for using it in friendlies.

I can’t decide whether it’s very clever (I guess it’s generated colossal publicity) or made the club look like fools for agreeing to it. Possibly both.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Calm down you soft southern fairies.

It was a stunt for paddy power and they wore it in a friendly!

It is not going to be used in league/ cup games

Carry on

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I’m surprised the Players have agreed to wear it, even for an advertising jape.

I'm sure that as they get into their Porsches and Range Rovers to drive home to their Yorkshire countryside piles they don't give a flying **** about what they've just been wearing fro a 90 minute kickabout.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Calm down you soft southern fairies.

It was a stunt for paddy power and they wore it in a friendly!

It is not going to be used in league/ cup games

Carry on

I think we all realise it’s a pr stunt, but do you realise it makes your club look like a bit of a joke. I’d be well embarrassed if that was the Albion but then I guess we’d never do anything like that

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The depressing thing about this stunt is that even media outlets and punters who knew it was a joke have shared the story anyway.

Now this is just a marketing stunt and ultimately harmless, but the same happens with hard news stories too. We live in a world of misinformation. Terrifying, really.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think we all realise it’s a pr stunt, but do you realise it makes your club look like a bit of a joke. I’d be well embarrassed if that was the Albion but then I guess we’d never do anything like that

Not really...doesn’t matter in the overall scheme of things.

It brought town publicity, it brought paddy power publicity.

Football teams are out to fleece their customers and are a business and a lot on here are happy that football is a business.

Let’s face it, we wore a pink chewitts kit for a season and sent out a goalkeeper at Leland road with a pink top....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The depressing thing about this stunt is that even media outlets and punters who knew it was a joke have shared the story anyway.

Now this is just a marketing stunt and ultimately harmless, but the same happens with hard news stories too. We live in a world of misinformation. Terrifying, really.

Absolutely. I despair when talking to some of my colleagues about things they have read and seen on the internet and believe them to be either wholly true of fake.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Football teams are out to fleece their customers and are a business and a lot on here are happy that football is a business.

Let’s face it, we wore a pink chewitts kit for a season and sent out a goalkeeper at Leland road with a pink top....

Bit of a difference ..... don’t think we’ve ever had a sponsor actively take the pi** out of the club or Brighton as a town like the video shows them doing.

Interesting idea gone WAY to far in my opinion..... got some interest which was great for the club I’m sure but can’t help thinking it has had more of a negative effect than a positive one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The Albion had no choice about the keeper's top, as the referee ordered us to change it at half time, saying the yellow one was a colour clash.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15...nk-shirt-at-elland-road-broke-the-albion-ice/

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The money Huddersfield get from PP will be less money the new chairman has to pay out of his own pocket. I'm sure most of the pant wetters wouldn't be quite so principled if it was their own money bankrolling the club!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here