Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huddersfield kit

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As exclusively revealed by Clapham Gull :)

Paddy Power have paid Huddesfield NOT to put a Gambling logo on their shirts.

Genius

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
But are there stripes on the back?
No stripes on the sleeves take it down a couple of marks for me....7.5/10

I think there are stripes on the back

sleeve-1-16_9.jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The morons who got sucked into this. Classic Paddy Power bait.

What a touch being a Hudds fan though. Plain shirt and sponsorship. We would be creaming ourselves if it was us.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Whilst I hate the (often oversized) gambling company logos on the shirts (and it does seem to be gambling companies that go for large logos), isn't it one of the key revenue streams for a club? I can't see any company (gambling or otherwise) being a shirt sponsor if it just lurks somewhere in the programme that they perform that role. Thus, the money (which some clubs do depend on) then goes. Maybe the logo size should get dramatically reduced, and sit beneath the badge (for example, on the Brighton training jackets the Amex logo is very small and in this position)?

Having said that, should TB ever decide to take over shirt sponsorship his lizard logo (with no text) could be interesting!

Paddy Power have had a short term win with this publicity stunt, but over the course of the season how many people watching will remember, or would have even known in the first case? Hope it was worth it for them!

The shirt design was trending on Twitter, that’s more PR than 32 Red get in a season, and they sponsor half the Championship!

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

What a touch being a Hudds fan though. Plain shirt and sponsorship. We would be creaming ourselves if it was us.

I'm rather chuffed that American Express want to sponsor us, and don't mind at all having them on the shirts :shrug:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Giving the shirt back to the fans" :rolleyes:

What a load of trite marketing bullshit. Shirt is smart enough, as are most of Umbro's recent offerings, but anyone who thinks PP give the flyingest of ****s about Huddersfield fans (or those of any other club) is a fool.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I get mine delivered next week!

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008

The FA are being so bloody myopic here. The whole point of the stunt was to draw attention to how ridiculous shirts look when sponsors push the boundaries of acceptable branding - the very issue that their rules are designed to address. The action taken by the FA could backfire considerably; it simply serves to draw attention to how increasingly irrelevant some of their actions are, whilst at the same time not doing nearly enough about far more important issues (like discrimination in the game).

Mind you, it is more free adverting for the Paddy Power campaign.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here