Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Rest in peace, Johnny Clegg

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
12 Tribes of Israel Rastafarian organisation in London do an event each year, and any artist who is 12 tribe member is sort of obliged to perform, which is cool, saw a few stars free of charge, anyway, they also had guest artists, a and he showed up one year with his band when I was there late 80s or early 90s. Amazing energy. rip

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
12 Tribes of Israel Rastafarian organisation in London do an event each year, and any artist who is 12 tribe member is sort of obliged to perform, which is cool, saw a few stars free of charge, anyway, they also had guest artists, a and he showed up one year with his band when I was there. Amazing energy. rip

I remember when he was banned from playing in the UK because he was South African and it was the apartheid era. I still think it was a stupid decision. Anyway, he was born near Rochdale, a fact which won me two tickets to see him in Nottingham once.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We've lost a wonderful human being. Not the strongest singer in the world, but the singer of some of the strongest songs. I will miss him very much. If you've been to one of his gigs, you will understand. He made happiness on stage.

That's so good. Go on Nelson!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Juluka - Scatterlings Of Africa is one of my all time favourite albums.

RIP Johnny Clegg
Bloody good album that - loved it. Never really followed up on his later work though - though if I'd ever produced an album as good as that I probably wouldn't have bothered trying to better it.
Johnny Clegg was a gentleman worthy of an RIP though, so here is one from me, unreservedly. RIP ..............................

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here