Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U-23's pre-season friendly at Merstham this evening (7:30pm)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's true though. Why the radio silence? We presumably have a vast media team these days. Surely one of the junior members could've been trusted to jump on the team bus and write up some form of report. All seems a bit odd.

Though usually with things like this it is a cock-up rather than delusions of grandeur. Do agree it would be great if they posted details of all development team matches but I doubt it has happened because we are in the PL and the comms team think we're too Billy Big Bollocks to do so.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Why do you think it would be asking too much for the club to supply the team details? I've no idea of the reason they don't, but the fact that they don't is really shoddy.

Because it is a pre-season friendly for the U23s. Squad and team selection could vary right up until the last minute; they might be using trialists; they may not want other clubs knowing who is playing and when; there might be more pressing issues in pre-season. Did I also mention that it's a pre-season friendly for the under 23s? I'm not upset that they didn't share this info and I don't immediately see it as shoddy or an indication that the club don't care.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure they wouldnt be so secretive as you suggest regarding trialists as any team that wanted could just send a scout to watch. I think that the club could put the team sheet up on their website once the game has started to avoid any late changes or problems.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1). Because it is a pre-season friendly for the U23s. 2). Squad and team selection could vary right up until the last minute; 3).they might be using trialists; they may not want other clubs knowing who is playing and when; 4). there might be more pressing issues in pre-season. 5). Did I also mention that it's a pre-season friendly for the under 23s? 6).I'm not upset that they didn't share this info and 7). I don't immediately see it as shoddy 8). or an indication that the club don't care.

1). Yes, I know.
2). Nobody said anything about publishing it well in advance.
3). If playing trialists you list them as 'Trialist'; it's not complicated.
4). Is our entire admin. in the hands of a solitary youngster on work experience? No, we are one of Brighton's larger employers, apparently - there's probably enough people to spare two minutes to put a list of names on the website.
5). Yes, you said that. We noticed it the first time round.
6). You're not upset. Good.
7). I do.
8). No idea; I never suggested they didn't.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
1). Yes, I know.
2). Nobody said anything about publishing it well in advance.
3). If playing trialists you list them as 'Trialist'; it's not complicated.
4). Is our entire admin. in the hands of a solitary youngster on work experience? No, we are one of Brighton's larger employers, apparently - there's probably enough people to spare two minutes to put a list of names on the website.
5). Yes, you said that. We noticed it the first time round.
6). You're not upset. Good.
7). I do.
8). No idea; I never suggested they didn't.

Loving this level of analysis. Thank you.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well I'd like to have been told about it, not least because I live about a mile away from the ground and would probably have gone along.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Well I'd like to have been told about it, not least because I live about a mile away from the ground and would probably have gone along.

Imagine the fuss it would have caused if the club had emailed us in advance of this match given that so many people seem to hate getting any email that isn't about the first team??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here