Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Deep Joy Bin Men Striking Again FFS

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Good luck to em I say. Dangerous job too. Binman recently killed round our way by careless driver. And the abuse they get from some inpatient cocks is bang out of order. It beggars belief the rudeness people show towards those who are taking our rubbish away. Witnessed it on many occasions.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Good luck to them I say. Dangerous job too. Binman recently killed round our way by careless driver. And the abuse they get from some inpatient cocks is bang out of order. It beggars belief the rudeness people show towards those who are taking our rubbish away. Witnessed it on many occasions.

Spot on. The binmen have been treated appallingly by the council over the last few years - pay cuts, longer hours and their t&c's changed. Cityclean are a political football - every time a new administration is voted in their faces yet another set of changes ( much like the NHS at national level ). I know for a fact that senior management at CityClean get very frustrated at the constant political interference - they hated the Green administration. The problem is if you piss off your workforce enough then the smallest of issues become big ones to them. The council has never compromised so why should the binmen ? Good luck to them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good luck to em I say. Dangerous job too. Binman recently killed round our way by careless driver. And the abuse they get from some inpatient cocks is bang out of order. It beggars belief the rudeness people show towards those who are taking our rubbish away. Witnessed it on many occasions.

Spot on. The binmen have been treated appallingly by the council over the last few years - pay cuts, longer hours and their t&c's changed. Cityclean are a political football - every time a new administration is voted in their faces yet another set of changes ( much like the NHS at national level ). I know for a fact that senior management at CityClean get very frustrated at the constant political interference - they hated the Green administration. The problem is if you piss off your workforce enough then the smallest of issues become big ones to them. The council has never compromised so why should the binmen ? Good luck to them.

This.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Sorry to hear about the troubles in Brighton, so it is good to be able to report all is well with the bin men in our part of the Chichester area.
Excellent service, always cheerful and helpful.We also have one of the union reps on our run, a lovely bloke, and they always get a big fat tip from me at Christmas!:thumbsup:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Your generic spoon-fed rhetoric concerning unions sounds just like a miopic Dail Mail reader or the ghost of Saint Maggie, that’s my point!

They decide who they want as leader of the Labour Party, FACT

A percentage of their members subs go’s towards “The Cause” FACT

It doesn’t matter who runs Brighton Council, the bin men are a militant bunch who’ve been practicing the craft fo 50 years Fact.

Nothing to do with ****ing newspapers.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Brighton has gone for me. It's not the happy, cool place it used to be. It feels scruffy and run down. Does anyone else feel the same?. I have taken my 4 year old daughter twice to Brighton over the last 6 months, and each time I have noticed drug dealing right under my nose near The Pier.

Not sure about the last bit. That always used to be commonplace back in the day.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

It doesn’t matter who runs Brighton Council, the bin men are a militant bunch who’ve been practicing the craft fo 50 years Fact. .

Members can opt out of the paymemt to the Labour Party - FACT

And I'd be militant if I'd been tried by my employer like they have.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
They decide who they want as leader of the Labour Party, FACT

It doesn’t matter who runs Brighton Council, the bin men are a militant bunch who’ve been practicing the craft fo 50 years Fact.

Nothing to do with ****ing newspapers.

Conservative members elect their leader - Fact

Successive Conservative governments have made the working man poorer - Fact

By practising their craft, you mean looking after their members interests - Fact

Rolling over and tickling tummies, don't be so peurile...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

it doesnt seem like the binmen here having issues over working conditions or other, looks like a power play between union and council/contractor. the workers themselves dont gain anything.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Conservative members elect their leader - Fact

Successive Conservative governments have made the working man poorer - Fact

By practising their craft, you mean looking after their members interests - Fact

Rolling over and tickling tummies, don't be so peurile...

d5c7745951750c11fe7885cd3cb946f5.jpg

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
It's nothing to do with bin men though is it?
It's a previously suspended leader who is allowed back to work but in a different location until the inquiry is completed.
Personally i don't see why the bin men striking over Brighton's busiest weekend is a suitable retaliation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here