Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Dental Implants

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
Does anyone on here have experience of having a dental implant?
I've just had a quote including a sinus graft which is much more than I was expecting and am looking for comparative quotes to ensure I'm not being ripped off.

H P 66

Mar 8, 2017
Currently having treatment with Brighton Implant Clinic Hove Branch 0800 1116623- This will include the Sinus graft & yes Expensive :eek:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Does anyone on here have experience of having a dental implant?
I've just had a quote including a sinus graft which is much more than I was expecting and am looking for comparative quotes to ensure I'm not being ripped off.

Over the years I’ve prepared or seen the accounts of many of these practitioners in Sussex. Almost all ended up millionaires. It’s a very lucrative profession.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Had one at the implant centre a year ago. Procedure ok. It’s not cheap but if you are running out of teeth it’s a worthwhile option. Had an initial problem with it being a bit sore. They took the cap off (easy procedure) and took a bit off it and replaced. No further issues and it’s good to be able to chew on both sides of my mouth. Need to keep it clean and use appropriate floss but overall well pleased to get it done.
They are pretty thorough doing lots of xrays and sizing. Not a lot of difference to having a root filling, in fact a bit less stressful.

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
Been quoted £4k and I'm happy with the people I've seen so far but if I can get the same level of service for significantly less then great.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Go abroad for it

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I've used Dr Amin at The Carfax Dental Practice in Horsham, top bloke and knows his stuff, oh, and yes, they are expensive!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I looked into this for a rear tooth which had to be taken out. It looks too brutal for me. I’ve stuck with the gap.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I’ve now got 7, the oldest is around 12 years old and still going strong.

The latest one was back in June and the cost was around £1,400. All have been done by my regular dentist down here in Dorset.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I’ve now got 7, the oldest is around 12 years old and still going strong.

The latest one was back in June and the cost was around £1,400. All have been done by my regular dentist down here in Dorset.

I misread your post...

53596659-clown-with-dentist-holding-toothbrush-in-dental-clinic-bottom-view.jpg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Mrs Earle had one done this year at Brighton Implant Clinic, 79 Southall Avenue, Brighton, off Lewes Road. Very, very pleased and they do a free full assessment before you start.
Dr Uma Nallathambi. £1240 in all. Mrs Earle delighted with the outcome and well worth the money.
Probably going back for another.

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
Had all of mine taken out in a process known as all on four, basically four huge inserts top and bottom, two curved rails made to follow your gum lines and then the process of fitting individual teeth to the rail. Choice of size and colour of the teeth and months of adjustment and very technical adjustments, best thing ever to happen in my life the confidence to smile should never be overlooked.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Have 4 implants taking seven teeth. Had them about ten years ago. Much better than dentures etc.

Think I was lucky because if I remember I didn't pay £3k for the lot.

I visit Hove Implant Centre in Palmeira Square for hygienist but they didn't carry out implants. Keeping everything very clean is important.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here