Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Sander Berge

Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not if he's got a mate here who has been giving him positive feedback.
    And what positive feedback is Leandro going to give his mate. That our relegation threatened club is somehow fundamentally better than any of other relegation threatened clubs? That we somehow have more of a family ethos? There is a nice training ground?

No. Footballers care about their earnings and their potential future earnings.

I don’t remember seeing any evidence that a footballer has ever based his career decisions on the basis of his mate being at a particular club.

If the bloke wants to hang on in case a bigger club comes in, he will and it makes sense to do so. To do the opposite is the equivalent of marrying a ropey fat bird when you’re 22.

We may get a chance closer to the window close.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Page 7 and TSB hasn't posted to bring us all back down to earth yet with "he's crap, he's from Belgium, he's not worth it, I 'ate bhafc, waa waa waa"

0 Not allowed!
      Isn't he a character in Game of Thrones?
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
      I would be delighted if this is true as he looks very exciting, exactly the type of player we should be going for and for me that is by far the most important position we need to strengthen.

Unfortunately though the Belgian journalist who seems very in touch with all things Genk, including the Trossard deal at the time has just said it’s unlikely to happen.
      Terreur Says No
      Out of contract June 2020 : Balogun, Kayal, Schelotto

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      I never quite understand this, and maybe its a question for another thread. But what exactly is a "family club" ? One that lets U18's in ?

On that basis, aren't ALL football clubs family clubs - are there any examples of a football club that isn't a family club ?

Asking for a friend.
      It's one that doesn't allow flasks into the ground. Flasks are for non-family clubs so that they can be thrown on to the pitch by roughiens.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wellesley View Post
      Exactly. He's like a white Rohan Ince.
      Then im out ;-)
      Time for some proper football, win lose or draw :-)
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Just buy a ****ing striker please!

Is that too much to ask for?
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

0 Not allowed!
      My money's on agent talk trying to get a bid from Spurs. Sorry.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny RoastBeef View Post
      A nice analysis of him can be found at

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/pl...ian-pro-league

They sum up with,

Sander Berge is certainly an interesting player. He is a good reader of the game, as evidenced with his passing ability but also his eye for danger when defending. At 21-years-old this is a very desirable skill to have. He does, however, need some improvement in a few areas of his game. His 1v1 defending is limited at times. This could be down to his lack of agility and balance which can often be exploited. A club looking to sign Berge may also look for greater output in terms of his passing. It is unclear whether his low numbers in deep completions, smart passes and progressive passes are due to Genk’s system and his responsibilities in this system or whether there is a limitation there.

His style of play is somewhat a mixture of Moussa Dembélé in terms of his dribbling and Nemanja Matić in terms of his 1v1 limitations. At this current moment, it seems unlikely that Berge could operate as a top-level defensive midfielder in a single pivot system given his lack of agility, such as the one played by Manchester City. However, alongside a midfield partner who can act as ballast for him, Sander Berge could thrive. I would certainly recommend him as a left-field choice for Tottenham’s midfield as he already appears to be a better option than Eric Dier or Victor Wanyama. Transfermarkt.com have Berge valued at around £19 million, so if the likes of Ndombele or Lo Celso are snapped up from under Tottenham’s nose or the asking price is too high, Berge could be a comparative bargain of a signing.
      Interesting... he maybe a bit cocky then, i.e. with his Sheff U rebuke... personally, I'm in, but would prefer us to chase Samatta...
      SockMonster Quote: “I agree with BW… I always agree with BW. He is the font of all knowledge.”
      "Members"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post
      Wolves are a much more attractive proposition than us, and probably were last summer too.
      I'm not sure...