Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sander Berge

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't understand why a player would turn down a chance to play in the most widely watched and well-paid League in the world. Playing for Southampton didn't turn out too badly for Virgil Van Dijk, while playing for Leicester didn't harm Harry Maguire's career prospects either.

Well we've just heard that Maupay did 2 years ago..................I reckon Berge is waiting for a top 6 club to come in.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He has champions league football with genk this season

Good luck with that Sander. Next summer it could be a lot hard for him to get a decent move as it's the expanded Euro 2020 with Europe's finest in the shop window.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
If we have half as good a season as our squad now projects, players of his ilk will be scrambling over each other to sing for us next summer "mug"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we have half as good a season as our squad now projects, players of his ilk will be scrambling over each other to sing for us next summer "mug"

Earlier, when the Moroccan lad was whetting my appetite, I did wonder if the clubs 'image' as well as stuff like the bookies odds might be playing a small part in his reluctance to sing.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I don't understand why a player would turn down a chance to play in the most widely watched and well-paid League in the world. Playing for Southampton didn't turn out too badly for Virgil Van Dijk, while playing for Leicester didn't harm Harry Maguire's career prospects either.

Probably doesn't fancy a relegation struggle if that's true.
Or maybe he just likes Belgium.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I'm still hopeful. If we do a Watford and find ourselves in a top half position by January, then our pull factor will be a lot stronger compared to now consideringr how close we ended up to getting relegated only just a few months ago.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is likely to be pitting his wits against Liverpool, tonight.

Allowing a quick 'compare & contrast' over the next couple of weeks.

Along with the Talksport Super Computer I'd like to think we're a bigger club now!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Good to see how he gets on tonight.... seen a couple of games in CL this season and he has looked more than up to the required level.

Seems he was more concerned about game time which is why he didn’t move in the summer.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Good to see how he gets on tonight.... seen a couple of games in CL this season and he has looked more than up to the required level.

Seems he was more concerned about game time which is why he didn’t move in the summer.

And the conversation after the tweet above says that he wants to go to Spain, even if it means less money than the Premier League.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not watching but Sander's only name check on the BBC feed is 'handball by Berge', could suggest he might want to lower his sights.

From those that are watching, so have a valider opinion, am I wrong?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not getting many mentions tonight. Ok but nothing special.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1194984580329230336[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here