Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sander Berge

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not if he's got a mate here who has been giving him positive feedback.

And what positive feedback is Leandro going to give his mate. That our relegation threatened club is somehow fundamentally better than any of other relegation threatened clubs? That we somehow have more of a family ethos? There is a nice training ground?

No. Footballers care about their earnings and their potential future earnings.

I don’t remember seeing any evidence that a footballer has ever based his career decisions on the basis of his mate being at a particular club.

If the bloke wants to hang on in case a bigger club comes in, he will and it makes sense to do so. To do the opposite is the equivalent of marrying a ropey fat bird when you’re 22.

We may get a chance closer to the window close.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Page 7 and TSB hasn't posted to bring us all back down to earth yet with "he's crap, he's from Belgium, he's not worth it, I 'ate bhafc, waa waa waa"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would be delighted if this is true as he looks very exciting, exactly the type of player we should be going for and for me that is by far the most important position we need to strengthen.

Unfortunately though the Belgian journalist who seems very in touch with all things Genk, including the Trossard deal at the time has just said it’s unlikely to happen.

Terreur Says No

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I never quite understand this, and maybe its a question for another thread. But what exactly is a "family club" ? One that lets U18's in ?

On that basis, aren't ALL football clubs family clubs - are there any examples of a football club that isn't a family club ? ???

Asking for a friend.

It's one that doesn't allow flasks into the ground. Flasks are for non-family clubs so that they can be thrown on to the pitch by roughiens.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just buy a ****ing striker please!

Is that too much to ask for?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A nice analysis of him can be found at

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/tactical-analysis-sander-berge-genk-analysis-statistics-belgian-pro-league

They sum up with,

Sander Berge is certainly an interesting player. He is a good reader of the game, as evidenced with his passing ability but also his eye for danger when defending. At 21-years-old this is a very desirable skill to have. He does, however, need some improvement in a few areas of his game. His 1v1 defending is limited at times. This could be down to his lack of agility and balance which can often be exploited. A club looking to sign Berge may also look for greater output in terms of his passing. It is unclear whether his low numbers in deep completions, smart passes and progressive passes are due to Genk’s system and his responsibilities in this system or whether there is a limitation there.

His style of play is somewhat a mixture of Moussa Dembélé in terms of his dribbling and Nemanja Matić in terms of his 1v1 limitations. At this current moment, it seems unlikely that Berge could operate as a top-level defensive midfielder in a single pivot system given his lack of agility, such as the one played by Manchester City. However, alongside a midfield partner who can act as ballast for him, Sander Berge could thrive. I would certainly recommend him as a left-field choice for Tottenham’s midfield as he already appears to be a better option than Eric Dier or Victor Wanyama. Transfermarkt.com have Berge valued at around £19 million, so if the likes of Ndombele or Lo Celso are snapped up from under Tottenham’s nose or the asking price is too high, Berge could be a comparative bargain of a signing.

Interesting... he maybe a bit cocky then, i.e. with his Sheff U rebuke... personally, I'm in, but would prefer us to chase Samatta...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I never quite understand this, and maybe its a question for another thread. But what exactly is a "family club" ? One that lets U18's in ?
I'd guess it's one that puts the needs of families (particularly those with young children) high on their list of priorities. It has a family stand, and ensures rules against swearing are upheld. It may also provide incentives for families by way of pricing. It will also have days where young members can go and see the players train, as well as shop for merchandise aimed at children.

On that basis, aren't ALL football clubs family clubs - are there any examples of a football club that isn't a family club ? ???
If there was a club that encouraged, for example, fans to dress in black in an attempt to be intimidating, or encouraged them to take ownership of whichever section of the ground they liked, and did nothing to stop their cut-throat gestures, and turned a blind eye to the dangerous pyrotechnics they took to the ground, then it would be difficult to consider them a family club.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Tall - tick
Capped noddy national team - tick
Decent name - tick
Noddy league - tick
Age - tick
No goals from midfield - tick

Like the look of this rumour

Yep.
No experience of English football - tick
Will struggle with the speedy and physicality - tick

Obvious Brighton signing.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep.
No experience of English football - tick
Will struggle with the speedy and physicality - tick

Obvious Brighton signing.

Phew - now all is right with this thread.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

A club that doesn't sell Stella at the bar ?

( I bet the easily offended now hate its old nickname as well )

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A club that doesn't sell Stella at the bar ?

( I bet the easily offended now hate its old nickname as well ).

I moved away from Wifebeater some time ago, onto San Miguel.

Which I gather is known in some quarters as Señorita Beater

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'd guess it's one that puts the needs of families (particularly those with young children) high on their list of priorities. It has a family stand, and ensures rules against swearing are upheld. It may also provide incentives for families by way of pricing. It will also have days where young members can go and see the players train, as well as shop for merchandise aimed at children.

If there was a club that encouraged, for example, fans to dress in black in an attempt to be intimidating, or encouraged them to take ownership of whichever section of the ground they liked, and did nothing to stop their cut-throat gestures, and turned a blind eye to the dangerous pyrotechnics they took to the ground, then it would be difficult to consider them a family club.

Who could you be alluding to in that latter paragraph!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here