Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sander Berge

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Phew - now all is right with this thread.

Not yet.

It is still missing the views of Dwayne's Genk STH holder relatives, and your obligatory hilarious post suggesting that all of the lesser Albion fans than yourself will write him off before he kicks a ball.

genkfan

Jun 17, 2019
Hello again,

As said in the Trossard topic before Sander Berge is the brightest gem in our collection.

We've seen a lot of talent in the previous years, most of them now top players. Sander is topshelf. He's a future captain in a big club in a big league. Some players have that something extra, De Bruyne had it, Courtois had it, Milinkovic-Savic and Koulibaly had it. Berge has it too.

If I could I would bet on it. He was the successor of Wilfred Ndiddi who isn't preforming bad (to say the least) in Leicester, Berge is even better much better.

I'm sorry but I don't think he will choose Brighton. He's aiming higher or he will stay in Genk until a better chance comes along. Nothing against Brighton, cheering for you now Leandro is playing for you guys but Sander is just another level.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hello again,

As said in the Trossard topic before Sander Berge is the brightest gem in our collection.

We've seen a lot of talent in the previous years, most of them now top players. Sander is topshelf. He's a future captain in a big club in a big league.

If I could I would bet on it. He was the successor of Wilfred Ndiddi who isn't preforming bad (to say the least) in Leicester, Berge is even better much better.

I'm sorry but I don't think he will choose Brighton. He's aiming higher or he will stay in Genk until a better chance comes along. Nothing against Brighton, cheering for you now Leandro is playing for you guys but Sander is just another level.

I feel like Brighton could easily become a stepping stone club in a similar way to Genk - players know that if they're successful at your club, they can get the move to a bigger league. I would like to think that players will see Brighton as a club to join as a means of proving their talent in a major league and getting a move to a Champions League club, if they justify it. I would imagine that players like Trossard, Propper, Bissouma and Jahanbakhsh all thought of their longer term career prospects by joining us.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It's Brian.
As for the abuse for local journalism and football reporters then i guess thats up to you but i think it crosses the line.

It’s not abuse to say he is the only sanctioned outlet its the truth. Just not much journalism going on in my eyes...

Local journos should CHALLENGE the club not pay lip service.

Yes of course it’s Brian, how remiss of me.

genkfan

Jun 17, 2019
With all due respect, the names I mentioned before all made the transfer to a big team and they had immediate impact. Sander doesn't need a stepping stone he's ready.

PS Genk is a champions league team too :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hello again,

We've seen a lot of talent in the previous years, most of them now top players. Sander is topshelf. He's a future captain in a big club in a big league. Some players have that something extra, De Bruyne had it, Courtois had it, Milinkovic-Savic and Koulibaly had it. Berge has it too.

Welcome to the forum Sander :thumbsup:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I feel like Brighton could easily become a stepping stone club in a similar way to Genk - players know that if they're successful at your club, they can get the move to a bigger league. I would like to think that players will see Brighton as a club to join as a means of proving their talent in a major league and getting a move to a Champions League club, if they justify it. I would imagine that players like Trossard, Propper, Bissouma and Jahanbakhsh all thought of their longer term career prospects by joining us.

Exactly. They're much more likely to get noticed playing in the PL and attract a better deal from a bigger club if they prove it at the top level.

Being a top player in a mid to lower table PL club is a better bargaining position than a top player in the Belge league which only has 10 league games a season.

But we don't know what is on offer or his advisors thoughts.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Exactly. They're much more likely to get noticed playing in the PL and attract a better deal from a bigger club if they prove it at the top level.

Being a top player in a mid to lower table PL club is a better bargaining position than a top player in the Belge league which only has 10 league games a season.

It is a gamble for those players though. Remember that such a move, instead of 'proving their talent' can equally prove an inability to make that step up...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

But genk will be playing in the CL

We are a million miles away from that

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
“Rebuffed” Sheffield Utd last week - it says here - wants to join a “bigger” club

[tweet]1150828066618449920[/tweet]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheffield Wednesday then...

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Crikey. Did all those players play for Genk? Sounds like we should be trying to recruit your recruitment team!

Hello again,

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It is a gamble for those players though. Remember that such a move, instead of 'proving their talent' can equally prove an inability to make that step up...

Absolutely - but if he's not already attracting the level of club he wants to, he might not have a choice. I think this is the type of deal we could only realistically do at the end of the window. If he hasn't gotten himself a move to a club he thinks he's already capable of playing for, he might be tempted to use us as a stepping stone. I wouldn't be opposed to that idea.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
With all due respect, the names I mentioned before all made the transfer to a big team and they had immediate impact. Sander doesn't need a stepping stone he's ready.

PS Genk is a champions league team too :)

Well with all due respect to you, you can keep your modestly-priced, profit-guaranteed, super-talented Sander Berge because we’ve already got Ali Jahanabasch and Locadia and they are bloody fantastic. Google their show reels if you don’t believe me.
Anyway, it’s too hot for office-based transfer dealing. We might as well go with what we’ve got. We don’t need to defend, because we’ve got Potter now. And we are bound to score goals because The shackles are off now hughton has gone.
What’s the Flemish for shackles? Doesnt matter. They’re gone.
The last thing we need is some new Kevin De Bruyne superstar.
It’ll be fine.
Thanks, Genk.
But No thanks.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If he wants to join a bigger club than Sheffield United, how about Sheffield Wednesday?
sorry, I mean how about Leeds United?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not yet.

It is still missing the views of Dwayne's Genk STH holder relatives, and your obligatory hilarious post suggesting that all of the lesser Albion fans than yourself will write him off before he kicks a ball.

Sorry I've retired from that gig, feeling AK to Fulham was a perfect swansong. [MENTION=7271]Postman Pat[/MENTION] is currently toying with the idea of picking up the baton.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry I've retired from that gig, feeling AK to Fulham was a perfect swansong. [MENTION=7271]Postman Pat[/MENTION] is currently toying with the idea of picking up the baton.

Have you retired the massively tedious SECOND part too? It would be for the best.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here