Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Strengthening the BHA brand

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Isn’t it about time we were involved in more inter-continental pre season tournaments in the Far East / Oz to start widening the BHA brand and subsequent global income? How long will the likes of Crawley and Birmingham cut it?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Isn’t it about time we were involved in more inter-continental pre season tournaments in the Far East / Oz to start widening the BHA brand and subsequent global income? How long will the likes of Crawley and Birmingham cut it?

The BHA brand...:O

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

If the team actually up and did that, there'd be an unholy din about forgetting ones roots, depriving the real. Sussex fanbase of local friendlies, a rare chance to watch the team on the cheap, getting shoved aside by piicking the pockets Johnny Foreigner.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If the team actually up and did that, there'd be an unholy din about forgetting ones roots, depriving the real. Sussex fanbase of local friendlies, a rare chance to watch the team on the cheap, getting shoved aside by piicking the pockets Johnny Foreigner.

But also, not forgetting, that few care about us on the other side of Handcross hill never mind the Himalayas

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Blue and white isn't the right colour scheme for the far east. Wouldn't sit well with their crackpot religion out there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

el punal

A bit like Hull City Tigers then?

When we win a couple of Premier League titles, the Champions League, possibly the Europa League. When that happens, well, then yes, possibly.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

You lost me at 'brand'

Christ I hate that word.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Isn’t it about time we were involved in more inter-continental pre season tournaments in the Far East / Oz to start widening the BHA brand and subsequent global income?

Paul, you've accidentally posted this on NSC instead of sending it to Tony, you daft bugger.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Think we need to pull up a few more trees before we can do this.

Rather we concentrated on the football for the time being and establishing ourselves in both the premier league and an identity.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I seem to remember that the club were invited to play in one of these pre-season tournaments the season we were promoted, and the club response was something like- we feel its better to concentrate on proper pre seaon training than fanny around pretending we are billy big bolleaux somewhere half way across the planet.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
You lost me at 'brand'

Christ I hate that word.

nn0diunwslhcow15bmpu.jpg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I seem to remember that the club were invited to play in one of these pre-season tournaments the season we were promoted, and the club response was something like- we feel its better to concentrate on proper pre seaon training than fanny around pretending we are billy big bolleaux somewhere half way across the planet.

And exhausting the players with a succession of long-haul flights.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I don't think a club like ours will ever pull in more than a tiny numbers of vaguely interested football fans from beyond our own county, let alone country. There'll always be a few that call themselves supporters of Watford/Sunderland/Bristol City/Fulham/Brighton because of some match they saw on TV once, or because they like a particular player etc, but never enough to turn us into a global "brand".

And that's fine by me. Being a football supporter makes almost no sense at the best of times, but if it means anything it's a connection to your locality and/or family roots. I sometimes feel sorry for genuine fans of teams like Man Utd or Liverpool, having to share their club with zillions of people from around the world who just arbitrarily decided to follow a big team. I mean brand.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here