Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] An homage to The Moon

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'Remember' reminds me tomorrow (Tuesday) marks the 50th anniversary of members of the human race successfully leaving Earth for somewhere else.

To mark such an occasion lets honour the Moon.
Historically, artistically, pop culture, TV, films, I'm sure HWT will introduce a deep cut from Micky Mars & The MoonMen, so I guess we ought to include music too.

In fact that's where I'm going to start:-

I might have to watch this, with the kids, at some point this week:-

dish.jpg

Your smartphone is light years ahead of NASA computers that guided Apollo moon landings

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/lo...one-is-light-years-ahead-of-NASA-13757565.php

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
tenor.gif

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Download Stargazing Moon Landing Special on BBC2 tonight, really informative about not just the first landing on the moon but what will happen going forward.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
'Remember' reminds me tomorrow (Tuesday) marks the 50th anniversary of members of the human race successfully leaving Earth for somewhere else.

To mark such an occasion lets honour the Moon.
Historically, artistically, pop culture, TV, films, I'm sure HWT will introduce a deep cut from Micky Mars & The MoonMen, so I guess we ought to include music too.

In fact that's where I'm going to start:-

I might have to watch this, with the kids, at some point this week:-

View attachment 113003

Your smartphone is light years ahead of NASA computers that guided Apollo moon landings

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/lo...one-is-light-years-ahead-of-NASA-13757565.php

Not only is your smartphone at least an order of magnitude higher in terms of computing power than what they had on Apollo 11, but there was no weight-room for a redundant computer system; so their back-up was a slide rule and graph paper...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Download Stargazing Moon Landing Special on BBC2 tonight, really informative about not just the first landing on the moon but what will happen going forward.

I watched that, and then switched to BBC4 with James May.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not only is your smartphone at least an order of magnitude higher in terms of computing power than what they had on Apollo 11, but there was no weight-room for a redundant computer system; so their back-up was a slide rule and graph paper...

Rather like another cracking film:-

MV5BMzg2Mzg4YmUtNDdkNy00NWY1LWE3NmEtZWMwNGNlMzE5YzU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjA5MTIzMjQ@._V1_SY1000_CR0,.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here