Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Paul Barber on why Saturday's "free" Liefering stream wasn't free for US residents

5 Not allowed!
    On Saturday morning, sad Albion nerd that I am, I set my alarm for 4:45am in the hope that Albion might provide a stream of the first pre-season runout against FC Liefering (they hadn't made any communication in advance of the fixture). I was therefore pretty happy when I saw this tweet, telling me the match was being streamed "live and free":-

Brighton and Hove Albion Squad Contract Durations - Updated per February 2019 Premier League Squad List

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which is why you are my favourite poster on NSC. Accurate and up to date Albion facts, unadorned, and succinctly put. Use that as your next strapline
    Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
    I love AZ's posts. So many ITK dicks on here, but he just posts FACT.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

12 Not allowed!
      VPN, simple.

2 Not allowed!
      Whilst it much have been frustrating for you AZ it is pretty mental there is a market to watch the Albion play a friendly against a 2nd division Austrian side at silly oclock in the morning!

3 Not allowed!
      #PrayForAZ
      Ich bin ein sexpest.
      A tad aggressive.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BNthree View Post
      Whilst it much have been frustrating for you AZ it is pretty mental there is a market to watch the Albion play a friendly against a 2nd division Austrian side at silly oclock in the morning!
      I’d agree if I hadn’t found myself betting on Albanian second division football before.
      If you're past 25 and you're still doing gang
      You’re known as a artefact

Kwengface - Fire In The Booth

2 Not allowed!
      I wonder what the viewing figures were for the game in North America.

Maybe with the ability to sell TV rights to North America we may be tempted to undertake a pre-season tour there next year, to further boost our profile and potential revenue income
      Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

2 Not allowed!
      seems a funny way to carry on a business, how are your market supposed to buy the pay for service if you dont know in advance its available?
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      seems a funny way to carry on a business, how are your market supposed to buy the pay for service if you dont know in advance its available?
      Once a team, or teams, have sold the rights to the game, it’s up to the purchaser of the product to market it.
      To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal...
      Members

8 Not allowed!
      - Barber’s a weasel - easy to tell he has worked over here in the land of never wrong

- VPN is only solution, especially if you can get some tech guys to set you one up back home so you don’t get so easily picked up as using a VPN service (BBC annoyingly tech-savvy in this regard)

- AZ’s ferocious attention to detail, encyclopaedic knowledge of everything BHA and selfless service to the NSC community warrant a free set up behind the scenes by the local SturmbahngruppenBozza
      football is just a mechanism for scooping up small amounts of money from a huge number of people in order to put huge amounts of money in the pockets of a small number of people
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ Gull View Post
      I've posted this as I thought my fellow North American-based fans deserved to have an explanation for why Saturday's match was (and, in all likelihood, numerous pre-season friendlies in future will be) advertised by the club as having a stream "live and free!", only to ultimately discover that the stream costs $30 (even though the club will not have the decency to explicitly declare that on social media or their website).
      Thank goodness. For a moment I thought you just wanted a moan.