Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Bond's number is up: black female actor 'is the new 007'

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I thought they had a group of 00 agents? Didn't he get called to a meeting of them all in one film?

Can't really remember. It may just be an assumption I made watching one of the films at a younger age. In recent times I tend to watch the latest one, enjoy it but remember little of it much over a month of two later.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Eh? His character is James Bond 007! So if his character leaves MI6, then how can she be the next 007?
Because a double o (behave) is just the ID given to the men and women that work for the government with a license to kill. When one person dies, or leaves, they can reassign the ID to another operative.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Personally I don't see why she wasn't just cast as 008
Because we've had other double Os as sidekicks, but the 007 operative is legendary. We obviously know that whomever took the role would also be a legend, saving the country (world) and narrowly avoid death at every turn. It's more fun for them to be 007, because they'd immediately be the anticipation of greatness, along with the weight of expectation.

D

Deleted member 2719

Will she be bedding girls or white middle aged men???

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Congratulations NSC, you have got to 10 posts without anyone being a precious bellend on the subject.

I can't believe it's got to nearly 40 posts without a :needpics:

:lol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Provided future James Bond films can be as realistic and gritty as Moonraker and stay true to their roots, I'm personally not too bothered about who James Bond or 007 is.

I do wonder if in the new film something quite profound will happen - Daniel Craig, as James Bond, will sleep with Lashana Lynch, as 007, meaning James Bond has slept with 007? The philosophical soul searching that could arise from that happening - Emily Maitlis off Newsnight would definitely have a panel in the studio to discus.

Or will they just leave it as a shimmering sexual tension, akin to his relationship with Miss Moneypenny?

point well made - given some of the previous, it really shouldnt matter. though it irritates that blockbuster films become exercises in social engineering, rather than just good old fashion entertainment. why not ditch the franchise and create something new, with more creative licence?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Think up something new and cast a female lead maybe?

Hijacking and rewriting fiction imagined by now dead writers to push modern-day political messages is getting tedious as ****.

Still, I guess a shrug of the shoulders is the cool thing to do.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Absolutely. Doctor Who did a similar thing in Capaldis last season. Had a male time lord regenerate into a woman on screen making it canonical that gender swapping at regeneration is possible.

It was also mentioned in the Matt Smith episode ' The Doctors Wife' regarding the Timelord Corsair who was a he or she. Plus before this on screen regeneration there was The Master gender swap.

Know when all this started? Pebble Mill 1985 Pat Troughton was asked who the next Doctor should be after Peter D and he said 'or a woman'.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
However an alien swapping sexes is not the same as James Bond. It should be a he.

There are enough kick ass female spy films such as Red Sparrow and Atomic Blonde for starters.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Never got into it for some reason

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think it it a really good idea. Bond films are always 'of their time' - if you watch a Brosnan Bond film now, it feels very dated. Therefore, I think that it is generally best there is a decent gap between Bonds when a new actor takes on the role.

By doing this, they can effectively build in that time gap, whilst still satisfying Hollywood's need for loads of sequels. As others have said, this isn't a 'female James Bond'; it is simply a case that when 007 retires, the new 007 is female. This is entirely plausible. Then, when the time is right, Bond can return with a new actor, fresh from the recent memory of what Daniel Criag's Bond was like and the needless comparisons between the two.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I agree that this plot twist is a masterstroke, provided they leave the door open for James Bond to return in the future.

I'd put money on him being 007 again before the end of this film.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
I think it it a really good idea. Bond films are always 'of their time' - if you watch a Brosnan Bond film now, it feels very dated. Therefore, I think that it is generally best there is a decent gap between Bonds when a new actor takes on the role.

By doing this, they can effectively build in that time gap, whilst still satisfying Hollywood's need for loads of sequels. As others have said, this isn't a 'female James Bond'; it is simply a case that when 007 retires, the new 007 is female. This is entirely plausible. Then, when the time is right, Bond can return with a new actor, fresh from the recent memory of what Daniel Criag's Bond was like and the needless comparisons between the two.

Brosnan was an appallingly bad Bond - Remington bloody Steel, no thanks. He makes Moore (and even Lazenby) look like Oscar winners.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Can't be any worse than Spectre. James Bond films are basically irrelevant in the age of Mission Impossible & the peerless Fast & Furious.

On a serious note I hope they allow her to shag multiple partners in each film though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If James Bond wants to identify as being of the female gender, - and identify as black too - that surely is his - or her - right these days, no?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here