Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Are we a selling club?

0 Not allowed!
    With rumours about Dunk, Knocky and Propper doing the rounds have we become a selling club?

Over the last couple of seasons we have spent a few bob but not really sold anyone of great value are things about to change for us.

Talk about a salary cap will our better players be eager to move to clubs who pay bigger wages, remember it is a relatively short career so cash in while the money is on offer.

Be an interesting window for us with potential sales and purchases, I wonder which figure will be greater?
    Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
    We sell, we buy, we *evolve*
    Out of contract June 2020 : Balogun, Kayal, Schelotto

0 Not allowed!
    Nothing to be ashamed of....Ajax are a 'selling club' and they are doing alright
    My ambition is handicapped by laziness

0 Not allowed!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C8vHcWaXsAAQccF.jpg 
Views:	589 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	112972

4 Not allowed!
    Let's list the club's in world football that aren't selling clubs:-

Manchester City.

End of list.
    “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
    Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
    "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Yes we, like pretty much every other club are a 'selling' club. Until we are the biggest club i the world we will continue to be a selling club.

....and even then we would still sell players.
    A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
    all clubs sell. isn't the notion of a "selling club" one that needs to sell to vaguely balance the books and survive? with one of the larger attendances in the country and sensible finances, i dont think we fall into that category.
    The English know how to make the best of things. Their so-called muddling through is simply skill at dealing with the inevitable.

0 Not allowed!
    Clue in the word rumours let’s think about, Davy has said he wants to stay in the PL, Why would AK even entertain a move back to the Championship and I feel Dunk to Leicester is just lazy journalism, of course I may be wrong. There was talk of Dunk to Arsenal at the weekend on the radio apparently they can’t afford him with their budget so that’s unlikely. Also the fee reported for AK seems low considering Bloom squeezed £12m for an ageing Ulloa £15m gets you a championship player these days not a PL player.
    You make me
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    We haven't actually sold someone we wanted to keep for years so on that measure, no we're not a selling club. I might say something different after the transfer window has closed.

In any case, the fact that we have players that other teams want, I'm taking as a positive. It wasn't forever thus

1 Not allowed!
    Only if we want to get rid of someone, or we can extract what appears to be a ridiculous fee for someone. All clubs are ‘selling clubs’ on that basis. It’s business, nowt wrong with it.

The true ‘selling clubs’ though are those that can’t balance their books and HAVE to sell (relegation, financial mismanagement etc) or those with twattish or mercenary owners who only want a quick buck. We’re absolutely not one of those thanks to Lord T.
    "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"