Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The British Grand Prix thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Beautifully set up. Bottas back to his early season qualifying. Hamilton with all the pressure on him at his home Grand Prix. Verstappen is likely to be a threat, he has matured so much this season. Le Clerc has the belief of youth. Vettel looks like a spent force. The biggest crowd of the season in what could be a rain threatened race.

The tennis and the cricket can do one, this afternoon is all about F1 for this poster. It’s a bugger but I have a flight to catch and will only get to watch the first hour.

Anyone else have this down as the standout sporting event of the day?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Beautifully set up. Bottas back to his early season qualifying. Hamilton with all the pressure on him at his home Grand Prix. Verstappen is likely to be a threat, he has matured so much this season. Le Clerc has the belief of youth. Vettel looks like a spent force. The biggest crowd of the season in what could be a rain threatened race.

The tennis and the cricket can do one, this afternoon is all about F1 for this poster. It’s a bugger but I have a flight to catch and will only get to watch the first hour.

No.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I accept that I am in the minority. Cricket holds nothing for me, I love tennis but it’s definitely not in the same league as F1 for me. I even watched the qualifying with the Albion game on my Ipad with the volume down.

Might as well close the thread I guess. :down:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
It's not the standout sporting event of the day, but it is the one I am most interested in. I've been watching the cricket all morning but I love motorsport and F1 is the pinnacle of that. I'll have the cricket on in the background though.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Cricket for sure is the number 1 today - we could win a World Cup and we've only won 1 in my lifetime - at any sport that matters at any rate. F1 is 2nd though and I'll watch the start.

The tennis can do one though. Is it a veterans game?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
F1 would be more exciting if they all drove the same car IMO. That way there would be no argument as to who is the best driver.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Err, no. Motorsport was interesting until the participants thought that their inflated pay packets came with no risk. Meanwhile a team sport representing the nation is underway.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Worst rendition of the National Anthem EVER!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
F1 is my second favourite sport beaten only by football. I will keep an eye on both the tennis and cricket finals but the British Grand Prix is possibly the best race of the year

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Great racing so far

Shame so many sports going on today. This is possibly the best GP of the season so far.

Last edited:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming

For me, F1, Tennis then Cricket a distant third. All about opinions though eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here