Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Why Swedes are inserting microchips into their bodies

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Not without my fingerprint you can’t. Which opens up another issue, has anyone had a digit removed for illegal phone use yet? And what if you were a pretty damn rich person, would criminals be able to remove your chip somehow?

Yes, I really can, hacking a phone is actually quite easy.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
‘Bio hacking’ the **** is this bullshit terminology. You’re putting a ****ing chip into your skin and that’s it. Jesus Christ, I can see why this is a new craze.

So people can call themselves bio hackers...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
‘Bio hacking’ the **** is this bullshit terminology. You’re putting a ****ing chip into your skin and that’s it. Jesus Christ, I can see why this is a new craze.

So people can call themselves bio hackers...

That'll be the next thing... hacking someone's body, IT rape! :lol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
seems useful, biggest concern for me is that muggers may now slit your hand open to try and get your chip.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
One of my European workers lost her ID last week and panic set in. When I explained that us Brits do not have to carry ID she couldn't believe it. "What if you get stopped by the police, don't you have to show something to prove who you are?". "Nope", I said, "we live in a free country".

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Well, would you?

ON SOME Swedish trains, passengers carry their e-tickets in their hands—literally. About 3,000 Swedes have opted to insert grain-of-rice-sized microchips beneath the skin between their thumbs and index fingers. The chips, which cost around $150, can hold personal details, credit-card numbers and medical records.

https://www.economist.com/europe/2018/08/02/why-swedes-are-inserting-microchips-into-their-bodies

Sorry here's a non paywall article

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...rg-rfid-chips-biohackers-biohax-a8601601.html

That Years and Years drama looks more like it was a documentary with every passing news story.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
seems useful, biggest concern for me is that muggers may now slit your hand open to try and get your chip.

It's the size of a grain of rice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here