Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket World Cup Final: ENGLAND v New Zealand *** Official Match Thread ***

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
England-CC.png NZ-CC.png

ENGLAND v NEW ZEALAND

World Cup Final

Venue: LORDS
Date: Sunday July 14th
Kick-off: 10.30am BST
Umpires: Kumar Dharmasena, Marais Erasmus
TV: Live on Sky Sports and Channel 4/More 4
Weather Forecast: No Rain, Full Game Expected​

ENGLAND NEWS

Jonny Bairstow has taken part in England training ahead of Sunday's World Cup final against New Zealand, easing concerns that he would be unfit to play.

England captain Eoin Morgan is desperate to seize a once-in-a-generation chance and get the nation talking about cricket in Sunday's showpiece at Lord's.

The tournament hosts put in a magnificent performance in the semi-final against Ashes rivals Australia, bowling their visitors out for 223 before sprinting to an eight-wicket victory with 107 balls to spare.

It was bold, brave and brilliant stuff from the world's No 1 side and they will now take on the Black Caps, with both nations hoping to land the trophy for the first time. For New Zealand it is a chance to go one better than their runners-up finish in 2015, while England are appearing in the final for the first time since 1992.

NEW ZEALAND NEWS

Henry Nicholls is on course to make New Zealand’s World Cup final line-up after coming through a net session 48 hours ahead of the game.

The opening batsman was unable to field during his side’s semi-final victory over India owing to ongoing hamstring problems which kept him sidelined at the beginning of the tournament.

Nicholls will be put through a final fitness test before the Black Caps confirm their side to tackle England at Lord’s but, according to coach Gary Stead, the signs are promising.

TEAMS FROM;

England: Eoin Morgan (captain), Moeen Ali, Jofra Archer, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (wk), Tom Curran, Liam Dawson, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, James Vince, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.

New Zealand: Kane Williamson (captain), Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Ross Taylor, Tom Latham (wk), Tom Blundell, Colin de Grandhomme, Jimmy Neesham, Trent Boult, Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Mitchell Samtner, Henry Nicholls, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi.

WORLD CUP FINAL: SIX STATS YOU NEED TO KNOW

2015’s survivors

New Zealand have five survivors – perhaps six, if Tim Southee is selected – from the 2015 World Cup final. Ross Taylor, Kane Williamson, Martin Guptill, Trent Boult and Matt Henry were all part of the XI defeated by Australia at the Melbourne Cricket Ground four years ago.

Finals record

New Zealand have played in one World Cup final and England three. Neither have won a title. England suffered final defeats by the West Indies, Australia and Pakistan in 1979, 1987 and 1992, respectively.

At Lord’s

England have never beaten New Zealand in an ODI at Lord’s. The Black Caps’ last ODI victory at this venue was in 2013, when opening batsman Martin Guptill struck a superb century. The Kiwis, though, were defeated by Australia at Lord’s last month.

Morgan at Lord’s

Captain Eoin Morgan is just 91 runs away from becoming England’s leading ODI run-scorer at Lord’s. Former opener Marcus Trescothick’s 595 is the most, but a near century from Morgan on Sunday will yield a new leader.

At Lord’s this World Cup

New Zealand have never gathered more than 266 runs in ODI competition at Lord’s, while England sport four totals of 300-plus. The average score at Lord’s by the team batting first this World Cup has been 288.

Williamson vs Roy

Captain Kane Williamson’s ODI average against England is over 56 – a full eight runs more than a career aggregate of 48. Opening batsman Jason Roy’s average against New Zealand is less than 26, almost 18 runs fewer than a career aggregate of 43.

Betting Tips: https://bettingtips4you.com/cricket-world-cup-final-tips-bairstow-to-complete-englands-dream-over-new-zealand/?gclid=CjwKCAjwgqbpBRAREiwAF046JWo46m3K4GmMI4JD633K68uoSwc0YNJxy33w2pWqlxybQnXr8cteJRoCTXMQAvD_BwE

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I thought this occasion deserved its own thread.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This really is our best chance ever to win the ODI Cricket World Cup and we definitely have the players to do it.

Let's hope everyone is on-form tomorrow

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

World Cup Final

ENGLAND NEWS

Jonny Bairstow has taken part in England training ahead of Sunday's World Cup final against New Zealand, easing concerns that he would be unfit to play.

England captain Eoin Morgan is desperate to seize a once-in-a-generation chance and get the nation talking about cricket in Sunday's showpiece at Lord's.

The tournament hosts put in a magnificent performance in the semi-final against Ashes rivals Australia, bowling their visitors out for 223 before sprinting to an eight-wicket victory with 107 balls to spare.

It was bold, brave and brilliant stuff from the world's No 1 side and they will now take on the Black Caps, with both nations hoping to land the trophy for the first time. For New Zealand it is a chance to go one better than their runners-up finish in 2015, while England are appearing in the final for the first time since 1992.

NEW ZEALAND NEWS

Henry Nicholls is on course to make New Zealand’s World Cup final line-up after coming through a net session 48 hours ahead of the game.

The opening batsman was unable to field during his side’s semi-final victory over India owing to ongoing hamstring problems which kept him sidelined at the beginning of the tournament.

Nicholls will be put through a final fitness test before the Black Caps confirm their side to tackle England at Lord’s but, according to coach Gary Stead, the signs are promising.

TEAMS FROM;

England: Eoin Morgan (captain), Moeen Ali, Jofra Archer, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (wk), Tom Curran, Liam Dawson, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, James Vince, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.

New Zealand: Kane Williamson (captain), Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Ross Taylor, Tom Latham (wk), Tom Blundell, Colin de Grandhomme, Jimmy Neesham, Trent Boult, Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Mitchell Samtner, Henry Nicholls, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi.

2015’s survivors

New Zealand have five survivors – perhaps six, if Tim Southee is selected – from the 2015 World Cup final. Ross Taylor, Kane Williamson, Martin Guptill, Trent Boult and Matt Henry were all part of the XI defeated by Australia at the Melbourne Cricket Ground four years ago.

Finals record

New Zealand have played in one World Cup final and England three. Neither have won a title. England suffered final defeats by the West Indies, Australia and Pakistan in 1979, 1987 and 1992, respectively.

At Lord’s

England have never beaten New Zealand in an ODI at Lord’s. The Black Caps’ last ODI victory at this venue was in 2013, when opening batsman Martin Guptill struck a superb century. The Kiwis, though, were defeated by Australia at Lord’s last month.

Morgan at Lord’s

Captain Eoin Morgan is just 91 runs away from becoming England’s leading ODI run-scorer at Lord’s. Former opener Marcus Trescothick’s 595 is the most, but a near century from Morgan on Sunday will yield a new leader.

At Lord’s this World Cup

New Zealand have never gathered more than 266 runs in ODI competition at Lord’s, while England sport four totals of 300-plus. The average score at Lord’s by the team batting first this World Cup has been 288.

Williamson vs Roy

Captain Kane Williamson’s ODI average against England is over 56 – a full eight runs more than a career aggregate of 48. Opening batsman Jason Roy’s average against New Zealand is less than 26, almost 18 runs fewer than a career aggregate of 43.

Betting Tips: https://bettingtips4you.com/cricket-world-cup-final-tips-bairstow-to-complete-englands-dream-over-new-zealand/?gclid=CjwKCAjwgqbpBRAREiwAF046JWo46m3K4GmMI4JD633K68uoSwc0YNJxy33w2pWqlxybQnXr8cteJRoCTXMQAvD_BwE

Love[emoji106]

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Kudos to [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] for doing this week in/week out during the season, takes a bit of time!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Will the commentary team for Channel el 4 be different to Sky? If so, do we know who will be commentating?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Probably less of a delay on terrestrial TV too. Except when Jason Roy gets given out :wink:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

World Cup Final

ENGLAND NEWS

NEW ZEALAND NEWS

TEAMS FROM;

2015’s survivors

Finals record

At Lord’s

Morgan at Lord’s

At Lord’s this World Cup

Williamson vs Roy

Good work, I was thinking of doing a specific thread for the final but you have made a much better job of it than I would have done as I'm rather busy doing things today (to give myself all day tomorrow devoted to a beer or two and hopefully seeing England win!) :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have to go to a bbq tomorrow but they've promised to stick Ch4 on for me.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good work, I was thinking of doing a specific thread for the final but you have made a much better job of it than I would have done as I'm rather busy doing things today (to give myself all day tomorrow devoted to a beer or two and hopefully seeing England win!) :thumbsup:

I just followed [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] template.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
So excited for this. My punt on buying a (very expensive) ticket long before the CWC started is looking a good decision!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So excited for this. My punt on buying a (very expensive) ticket long before the CWC started is looking a good decision!

You're going? You lucky b'stard! Been to Lords a few times, seen us whip Aussie butt there in our 5-0 whitewash. I'm well excited, but to have a golden ticket... I'd be in ecstasy!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
You're going? You lucky b'stard! Been to Lords a few times, seen us whip Aussie butt there in our 5-0 whitewash. I'm well excited, but to have a golden ticket... I'd be in ecstasy!

Should be a great day, and may well be a very very great day!!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I saw us get THRASHED by West Indies in 1979.

Opening partnership of Boycott and Brearley.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I saw us get THRASHED by West Indies in 1979.

Opening partnership of Boycott and Brearley.

I saw us get thrashed by the Windies in 76 at the Oval, but that was a test not ODI. Greenidge and Fredericks burnt us to a cinder.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Time for a Bounce, less than 12 hours to go.

I shouldn't be so nervous as we are clearly the best team in the Tournament but this is England we are talking about....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here