Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket World Cup Final: ENGLAND v New Zealand *** Official Match Thread ***

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They just need to get 5 singles an over for 10 overs, it wouldn't matter if they didn't hit one boundary, but they appear to have forgotten how to nudge and nurdle.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Need a 100 run partnership otherwise another choke

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They just need to get 5 singles an over for 10 overs, it wouldn't matter if they didn't hit one boundary, but they appear to have forgotten how to nudge and nurdle.
That's pretty much what NZ did - kept scoring ones and twos. I wonder what percentage of their 241 were actually run for? An abnormally high percentage for this form of the game, I would guess.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Morgan is second only to Mooen Ali as a flakey, gutless poser so anything he does proves nothing.

However, I’d say that if England had bothered to try and hit some boundaries in the last 20ish overs so they didn’t fall behind the RRR he may not have hit that particular ball.

What utter utter nonsense. That's the man who has led this team to the finals, changed the way we play 50 over cricket and scored the most sixes in an innings in this very World Cup. Jesus this is like a match thread when we are losing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This ! … 2-3-4 singles and the odd 4 every over or two, keep the scoreboard ticking and hang in there with wickets in hand...…… or choke.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I’d put win prediction at 75% the Kiwis currently, momentum is all with them and if Buttler/Stokes fail to put a partnership together I reckon it’s pretty much all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That's pretty much what NZ did - kept scoring ones and twos. I wonder what percentage of their 241 were actually run for? An abnormally high percentage for this form of the game, I would guess.

And we gave them 18 free runs and an extra 3 overs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here